Eothian's Post for Those that weren't On Here Then (March 2010)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Further to Alec's thread this morning about Eothian, I've hunted out the thread he mentioned which is about ISH breeding.

I cannot believe it was from so long ago but for anyone interested, it really is worth a read but you'll need plenty of time and a decent drink as it's 21 pages long if you have them set to 40 posts a page! It was one of the longest threads over all forums for quite a while and definitely the longest the Breeding forum has ever had.

Right, I'm off to enjoy it once again armed with a pile of Twirls and a drink. Enjoy.
tea_and_cake_by_ridley126-d5ktgpu.gif

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=356079

Last edited:

Eothain

Visit site
Be warned!!! You're about to read the ramblings of an angry young man!!! Some stuff that has been said on there might be slightly cringeworthy and make him think "Oops, did I really say that?"

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Not cringeworthy at all, well worth looking back on. Would be interesting to know if those plans worked out and what you think of the corresponding stock but perhaps that should be tagged onto the end of that mammoth thread and not here.
Lovely to have you back even if only a flying visit.

Eothain

Visit site
Well, I didn't have the funds available to me to use some of the stallions I wanted to use and I also decided that Ireland has as good a roster of Continental stallions with proven performance and progeny in their own right to not have to use stallions standing abroad.
No, there's some I'm not happy with how they turned out because they didn't grow the way I wanted them to.
I mean if, you're not going to make over 165cms, then for the love of God stay at 148cms!!!!

gadetra

Visit site
Ah that was a deadly thread. Glad to have taken a tiny part in it.

Lol at the "if your not going to make over 165cms, then for the lovel of god stay at 148cms"! I had one that finished 151cms. No where in other words!

Alec Swan

Visit site
gadetra,

your "tiny part" would have been poured over, pondered over and considered by many, me included. That others may not have always agreed with you, was academic. A book was written, and you were a valued part of it.

Alec.

Simsar

Visit site
Just re-reading again and noticed that eothain did say publicly that he would send a traditionaly bred colt over to me to stand for a few years...... so how is the puissance colt looking I have free stable when your ready to send him over ;)

gadetra

Visit site
Aww thanks Alec!

It really was a super thread. I was going to add a bit to it-the breeders of Ringwood Cockatoo did an interview in the Irish Farmers Journal about how they are turning to Continental breeding-but it got thrown out before I could add it :eek:

Another stallion to stand alongside Spyder Simsar? A nice dark Puissance? How lovely!
How's he growing Eothain? ;)