Epiony thermal wand

shell23

Visit site
Does anyone have one?

My horse has twice now kind of tied up after exercise. His near side shoulder twitches then he can't lift the leg?! First time he couldn't move, had the vet who only injected a muscle relaxer then he was fine. second time yesterday, I noticed his shoulder twitch, quickly untacked & took him out to wander on grass with the equilibrium heat mitt on. This seemed to work ease him.

Would a epiony thermal wand be beneficial to use everyday?

He does also have the equilibrium massage pad.

Thanks

I'm Dun

Visit site
Maybe, but its the last in a long list of things I would do, vet investigations inc bloods, physio, osteo and PSSM testing would all come long before a thermal wand.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Maybe, but its the last in a long list of things I would do, vet investigations inc bloods, physio, osteo and PSSM testing would all come long before a thermal wand.
This

There is something more serious going on that needs checking out. My friends pony was like this and it was PSSM

shell23

Visit site
Thanks..We've had the vet. Not showing signs of PSSM, also just had physio/osteopath/massage a week ago.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Muscle tremors and tying up is a sign of PSSM unfortunately. I’d definitely recommend doing the hair strand test for PSSM1 to rule that out (it’s only about £35 via Animal Genetics, and all you need to do is pluck some hair from the mane and tail and then send to the address they provide in Cornwall). To be honest I’d recommend to most people to get it done but especially if your horse is tying up.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Thanks, we've had vet, physio, osteopath & massage last week. Not showing PSSM signs.
I know you mentioned having vet out but did they do a blood test and test on a sample of hair for PSSM? My friends vets were totally useless in diagnosing her pony. They did tests for all sorts bar PSSM. It wasn't until she rang a supplement company to ask what they would advise giving her pony that PSSM was even mentioned. She described her pony's issues and the chap at the supplement company said for goodness sake get her tested for it!