Equest Pramox

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Yep I've used it on mine. I was a bit wary as I'd heard it could make their droppings like water, but we didn't have any problems at all with that. It made life so much easier as my old lad is a nightmare to worm so we only had to battle once to get it down him!

RachelB

Visit site
I've used it twice now, certainly haven't kept them in though! Where does it say that? Is it on the box? I just get given a syringe by my YO and stuff it down my horse, don't bother reading anything!
crazy.gif

CJ1

Visit site
its says on the leaflet in the pack ""in order to limit the impact of moxidectin on dung fauna and due to insufficient data regarding environmental risk of praziquantel, horses should not be turned out onto pasture within 3 days of treatment"

But im thinking thats just precautionary?

lotty73

Visit site
I've just used it for the first time on our pony. Have to admit i didn't read about the 3 day rule and he was turned out as usual. He did have loose droppings for a day though, which i had read was one of the side effects.

Twinkletoes

Visit site
Just brought some for our new horse we picked up yesterday - will be keeping in for a couple of days. Think the clause is more to cover their backs as so new a drug.

CJ1

Visit site
Well Woody had it saturday night, and yesterday prob pooed most of it out while we was out competing. He does get a runny excited bum on days out in the lorry. But all was fine yesterday afternoon and he went out in the field with the rest of the herd.

merlinsquest

Visit site
My yard has used this and we have all sorts of horses from a shetland to a horse of 29.... none of them had any adverse reactions to it and yes we kept them in for 3 days, much to their disgust!!!!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I've used it on a small shettie, and his poo was sooo runny. He had a mild colic, but that was because I think he'd had a dubious worming history.
I'd definately use it again.