Equilab issues?

Landcruiser

Visit site
Has anyone who uses Equilab had any issues with it the last couple of days? It's started showing speed and duration of rides as zero, although it shows duration at each gait correctly, and tracks/records the route of the ride on the map as normal. I have sent feedback via the app, but wondered if anyone has also had this, or whether I could have changed a setting somehow...

dreamcometrue

Visit site
Are you certain that you saved the recorded ride? You have to enter the details of the ride then press save once you have pressed finish ride.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I used it routinely and successfully for over a year. It was always fine. Then about 6 weeks ago I had a period of rides which were saved but untracked - apparently I ceased to exist for an hour or two. My weekly totals went haywire, the comparison stats were way off, and all the "nice" features were useless. Then I had a few which didn't save (and no, it's not user error, I'm not a muppet!), and I decided it's pointless to use an unreliable app. It was already annoying that it can't cope with two point on some horses' canters and reads it all as trot or walk! I suspect the issues encountered depend on versions of the app - I found it more reliable on an iPhone than my android, but the GPS on my android is better using other tracker apps.

Leo Walker

Visit site
thats such a shame. I dug out an old phone yesterday and downloaded it ready to use. I have a Seaver which is in a different league but weirdly doesnt do GPS tracking and I was interested to see what we o when we do interval work in the big field etc. I'm going to bug the Seaver people about putting this on their app instead I think.

JFTDWS

Visit site
There are plenty of other apps for GPS - I'm using viewranger atm which is good when I get lost! Equilab was useful for the gait analysis, but that wouldn't work driving anyway, so your Seaver is more use there!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
It was already annoying that it can't cope with two point on some horses' canters and reads it all as trot or walk! I suspect the issues encountered depend on versions of the app .

I have the opposite, it routinely reads trot as canter.

It tracked my hacks in terms of direction and distance and average time but I have several other options for that. It cannot identify my horse's gait so that side is useless to me.

JFTDWS

Visit site
My ponies never canter according to the app, and if I stand in canter on the mare, it's trot too :rolleyes: I don't think the gait analysis algorithms are sophisticated enough, or gyroscopes in phones aren't accurate enough, to cope with natural variation between horses.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I stopped using it cos I was obsessing about stride length but also had a feeling it wasnt that accurate so was tying myself in knots. Might try viewranger as actually speed and distance would do.

Leo Walker

Visit site
There are plenty of other apps for GPS - I'm using viewranger atm which is good when I get lost! Equilab was useful for the gait analysis, but that wouldn't work driving anyway, so your Seaver is more use there!

Does view ranger do the maps with the squiggles on showing where you have been?

Landcruiser

Visit site
Interesting that other people are having glitches as well. I've always had the odd missed bit of route or misread gait, but apart from that it's been pretty good. We do live in an area with dodgy GPS coverage. This seems to be a GPS issue I think- weirdly it places us on the map immediately when I open up a new training but then fails to record any route at all, no duration, no turns, no speed - and yet all times in each gait ARE recorded. They are looking into it..

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Does view ranger do the maps with the squiggles on showing where you have been?
Are these the squiggles you’re after? This shows a bike ride that we did earlier this year. I rate Veiwranger highly, I have a three year subscription to all OS maps for £50. You can just buy a map tile at a time if you want to, but I prefer having access to the lot.

3FDCE0CC-DDCA-4FA5-B5C8-D01FB4AD9F6F.png

chaps89

Visit site
Endomondo is a VERY basic map but I like the extra bits it gives you and it's free. You can pay for a premium version which does a bit more and you can attach it to a HR monitor if you have one.

Screenshot_20190713-132804_Endomondo.jpgScreenshot_20190713-132749_Endomondo.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
ViewRanger... Squiggly enough?

66529706_711391256847_6549323766277603328_n.jpg

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I use Runtastic which gives you a variety of map options. It's free unless you want the premium version but that doesn't really add much. Only thing I would say is that it is hugely optimistic about calories burned on a gentle hack. Endomondo and Mapmyrun both kept getting lost in the woods so sometimes its's worth trying a few to see which one works best in your area/with your phone.

1563043717879.png

ETA OSM is Open Street Map and OCM Open Cycle map.