Equine Behaviour

SEL

Visit site
Since the horses came in overnight M is scaring walkers on the footpath with his midday 'flat out in the mud pretending to be dead' snooze. He's definitely lying down in the stable but it's obviously not comfy enough for a proper sleep.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
I've completed some of this but my horses live out all the time. Their sleep is influenced by weather, time of year and herd behaviour. My YO found half the herd lying down at 9pm the other night and the others dozing on their feet. My old cob usually lies down for a good sleep very early in the morning in summer but in winter can sometimes be found asleep on their hay in the middle of the day.

Surbie

Visit site
Done with 'buts' - But I don't spend ages in their huge field so I don't see if he lies down in the day. And in summer he is in during the day and lies down then - so it changes depending on his routine.
And I am at the yard for night checks between 8-10pm so I can answer for that, but I am guessing about anything after midnight because i wouldn't be there unless he was ill.