Equine Ethology

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Do any of you know anything about the Equine Ethology center? I have a friend who has sent her horse there - personally I think she is bonkers and they are rip of merchants (my own personal opinion before anyone jumps on me!)

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Formerly Parelli UK people I think. Very expensive I would guess, I think a lot of what they try and teach is common sense, some of it a bit odd and your friend would be expected to carry on their ways and training? I'm sure some of their work is valid but I'm afraid I look at these newish ideas and go back to the old fashioned traditional way!

Be interesting to see how she gets on though!

Petrie

Visit site
As long as she's happy, then isn't it up to her how she spends her money?!

I think these people can be quite good. I'm open minded about it.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Formerly Parelli UK people I think. Very expensive I would guess, I think a lot of what they try and teach is common sense, some of it a bit odd and your friend would be expected to carry on their ways and training? I'm sure some of their work is valid but I'm afraid I look at these newish ideas and go back to the old fashioned traditional way!

Be interesting to see how she gets on though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I'm interested in - why are they no longer with Parelli - do you know?

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As long as she's happy, then isn't it up to her how she spends her money?!

I think these people can be quite good. I'm open minded about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Course its up to her - I have my reasons for asking

Happytohack

Visit site
They were with Parelli UK and then formed Equine Ethology. I saw a demonstration they did when they were with Parelli and it was pretty impressive. I think they have tried to expand on Parelli, but probably the basis of both Equine Ethology and Parelli are very similar. Their methods work on desensitising and positive reward and body language. Your friend would need to carry on what has been taught when her horse comes home.

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I think (i May not be totally correct) that there was a bit of a business break up with Parelli USA not sure if they fell out but not connected now and lost the francise. They changed tact slightly so there courses could be used by colleges as recognised qualifications, but I saw on a post earlier today that they have gone into liquidation - have not idea if this is true.