Equine Finance Agreement .. Help!!

mrscustard

New User
Visit site
I am in the process of selling my horse and have agreed a price over a period of 6 months for the new buyer to pay me. I know them and they are going to give my horse a lovely home. However we both wish to sign a legal agreement to be on the safe side. Does anyone know of any templates/websites which have finance agreements on for the sale of a horse? I've googled and can find plenty of loan agreements but nothing for an installment type sale. There is an American one but I'd prefer something English. If anyone can help me then I'd be massively grateful!

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
i would get your solicitor to draw you one up. i would question why they cant pay the purchase price in one go?
what happens if the horse does a leg or something whilst in their care, and they decide they dont want to buy him anymore?

mrscustard

New User
Visit site
I'm fairly happy for them to pay me on installments as she is young and I'd rather she put her cash towards looking after him properly. A good home for him for me was a big thing and I genuinely think she will love him. I have found a form on line which was really helpful so if anyone else is in this predicament then please get in touch or p.m me and i'll happily email it to save you the cost of downloading it. it can be editted accordingly and is recommended by the bhs.