Equine Flu.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I've read on vet account on Facebook that equine Flu is about in the area, one case from a recent auction and another closer one with no details.
Animal health trust used to have a web page listing details in the 2019 outbreak. Now they no longer exist ? is there anywhere to find information. Anybody know, or know where flu is ?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
After radio silence for many months, I'm now getting frequent text alerts about equine flu outbreaks. Several in the last few days :oops:.

I must have signed up to the TellTail alert system in the major outbreak from a couple of years ago, the outbreak that shut racing down for a bit. ETA That outbreak was in spring 2019.

CBB90D86-8FF1-4D3C-802C-6442F1E7F1C7.jpeg

stangs

Visit site
Thank you for posting the links, Gloi, very helpful.

A little while ago I posted on the London board asking about confirmation as to a case in EHV, never heard any more on the subject, but the map on the surveillance page shows a case quite clearly in Greater London.

"The premises has a high movement of horses, mixed vaccination status and new arrivals are not subject to a quarantine period. There are around 30 in contacts and it is currently unknown if others have had clinical signs." Now I'm even more concerned. No mention of anything being done to restrict transmission, and still haven't seen any mentions on social media.