Equine Physio/Chiro/Osteo

mcnaughty

Visit site
My daughter wants to follow a career in Animal/Equine Therapy but isn't sure which path to take. Wondered what do you think? What are your personal experiences of calling someone out to your horse? What career do you think she should follow? She's pretty bright so dont think that side of things should be a problem for her but I just dont know how to advise her?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Equine Physio is a license to print money, once you have a good client base you can do very well but it takes a long time to qualify. Most are qualified to do people first in fact many equine courses demand this before you can move on to animals.

be positive

Visit site
Equine Physio is a license to print money, once you have a good client base you can do very well but it takes a long time to qualify. Most are qualified to do people first in fact many equine courses demand this before you can move on to animals.

I think that is a bit unfair on ACPAT physios, yes they can do well but it is very hard work and takes years to fully qualify, I think some of the other therapists charge as much often with little training behind them.

For the OP if your daughter wants a career in equine therapy going through the physio route, human first then further training to gain animal qualifications, would give the most options in case she changes her mind along the way.
I know of one girl who had her heart set on Mctimony but once she started the course she hated it and left to go a different route, I think she did an equine degree instead.
I would also consider that in another 5 years with all the options open to students that maybe there will be more therapists available than we require so it could be worth looking at alternatives.
I will only use an ACPAT physio and have heard less than complimentary things about the newly qualified vet physios who seem to be all about using machines rather than their hands to treat the horses.