Equine related jobs.... where are they?!!!!!

BOWS28

Visit site
Its always when you're desperate to get out of an awful office job where staff moral is at an all time low and the management is dior - that NO jobs that involve horses are available!!
I've considered freelancing but i can imagine it being quite hard to start up from nothing.. (Am i right??) I know a few girls that freelance and do very well but where do you begin... client base? insurance?
Anything you hear of Essex area, please shout at me:)

Visit site
Do you have a preference of what you do? Any horses you will or won't work with?

Racing yards are generally always looking for staff and not always riders. Good yard staff that keep everything ticking over are worth their weight in gold. The horses are generally better mannered and better behaved than most people spoilt brats - sorry! Dearest darling horses! The pay is good for what it is with perks.

BOWS28

Visit site
EKW - I wouldn't be a fan of working on a riding school or just bog standard livery yard as i feel they are quite repetitive... I am a confident rider and confident on the ground. Never thought i would fit a riding job as i'm 5ft8 and 13 stone :eek: i am very close to Newmarket actually but haven't seen any jobs advertised.. hence my desperation lol.
I would just much rather be outdoors busy and physically active rather than stuck in a noisy office, bored out my brain twitching to get out the door just to move!!

Visit site
Racing don't advertise on normal pages lol! Try CareersInRacing.com or ring/email any yards local to you and ask if they have any jobs available. You would be surprised at just how much work is out there if you know where to look.

I couldn't freelance, in fact when I am out of racing I am out of any horse job. Nothing compares to racing and I think i would get bored with normal horses ...

BOWS28

Visit site
Racing don't advertise on normal pages lol! Try CareersInRacing.com or ring/email any yards local to you and ask if they have any jobs available. You would be surprised at just how much work is out there if you know where to look.

I couldn't freelance, in fact when I am out of racing I am out of any horse job. Nothing compares to racing and I think i would get bored with normal horses ...

Thank you so much. I will keep looking and keep you posted.

You have been so helpful x