Equine Solicitor recommendations or legal advice wanted

sz90168

Visit site
I stupidly put down a £500 deposit on a horse subject to vetting. Horse failed vetting and seller is refusing to refund even though vetting certificate clearly states horse not fit for purpose. I have looked into small claims court but wondered if there is anyone I can speak to? I am not a BHS gold member. I am giving up horses after this ordeal.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Write a letter to the saying you want your money back and you will go to small claims and add costs if they don’t oblige. get a form off the internet - it’s an open and shut case - show your proof of deposit, ie the receipt or like saying ‘sold subject to vetting’ and a copy of the vetting... and wait for your date. Getting a lawyer involved will cost you more than you could lose but the courts like people to do their own claim in the small claims court so that is not to your detriment,

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Please don't spend money on a solicitor. It's £25 to take a small claim of that size, if think. I paid that recently to sue Britannia Hotels. It was a very easy process, all online to start off.

Your receipt does not need to say 'subject to vet'. You paid a partial sum for the horse. The seller cannot provide you with a horse fit for purpose. Therefore they must return your money.

I'd be happy to help you word your initial submition to the court if you PM me.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I agree, the small claims court is quite an easy system to use. If I remember correctly if you win, which you should, you will also recover the money you paid to make the claim. When I did it, I won the claim but they refused to pay and I had to take out an enforcement order(again easy and cheap) and I then got all my money back.