Equine transport service towing with an American dodge

Frumpoon

Visit site
Anyone know/use this service?

Passed them on the M1 on Wednesday doing in excess of 65mph and hogging the middle lane, horse looked very uncomfortable in trailer....

Frumpoon

Visit site
No it was a bloke...the signage was something like Equine Transport and Servicing...then something else, then a number

popsdosh

Visit site
So what is the point of the post? If its just about the speed the horse may have looked uncomfortable at 20mph also some move about more than others. I would be very cautious of trying to make an example of any particular person on a public forum especially on a subjective response.

Visit site
Some horses are just bad travellers?!
Some are happier going faster too - mini mare will kick the beejesus out of a trailer at 20mph but at 40 is quiet as a lamb. No idea why, doubt she can read the speedometre from out the back! Big mare is happier however going more slowly. Again, not a clue as to why.
It's also worth mentioning that on some roads it's dangerous to go too slowly due to the large discrepancy between the slow moving vehicles and the ones going more quickly, and the risk this poses: this is why on some autobahns etc. there are sometimes minimum speeds.
That said I can't condone or otherwise what the trailer service in the OP was doing as I didn't see it, but this is just my two cents on trailer driving...

Last edited: