equissage

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
We have one on the yard and my chiropractor certainly claims to be able to feel the difference in my horse since we've been using it
smile.gif

Only problem is theres a fair number of us fighting over it on a day to day basis
frown.gif
I keep saying Im going to invest in one for myself but it's a fair chunk of money!

In regards to getting a demo done... while Im sure not all the reps are the same.. the two I encountered were VERY pushy. Thankfully, the demo wasnt actually for me :p

_jetset_

Visit site
Hi, I work for Equissage in the North West... I am not pushy at all, after all I know how I would feel on the other end of it. I use the Equissage on my own horse and have been pleased with the results. I wouldn't work for them if I didn't believe it worked, just the way I am
smile.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Oooh! I shall keep this in mind for if I manage to persuade my OH that my horsey needs his own.

Ive always found my horse lovely to work after having the equissage on first. He doesnt take the same amount of warming up to get him working correctly through his back. We only have the unit that goes across the back though.. it doesnt have a hand held unit with it so Ive never used this but I think the hand held sounds an excellent idea.

spooks

Visit site
glad the experiences are good as ive just bought one, the rep came out and did a demo on otto this afternoon. he had the back pad on for 20 mins while we used the hand held over various parts of him. she strapped the hand held to his leg and u could feel the vibes right up by his withers! i invested in it as otto has a few tight areas and hopefully this will help him.the back pad and the hand held cost just over 2 grand inc VAT.and shes giving me the pad bag and the leg boot free. i paid £375 deposit and gave her 12 pre dated cheques of £150 to cover the rest. would never have been able to buy it outright!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Oh thats interesting! I did wonder whether they would offer some kind of finance option on it because its certainly a large amount of cash to hand over in one go.

I really dont think you'll be disappointed at all. Ours gets used all the time (too much really, since it means i may need to invest!)

Did you ride him after it had been on? And if so did you notice any difference?

If i got one, id want the hand held unit too.. my horse has an old injury from years ago that still causes him a tiny bit of tightness around his poll area and I keep wishing we'd got the hand held one so i could use it more localized

Oh im so jealous! You must be so excited!! On a side note... Im told the hand held is fab for people too!
laugh.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
I personally think that an H wave machine is better, and cheaper too. H wave goes FAR deeper into the muscles than the equissage ever can. My physio does not rate equissage at all but really rates the H wave, as do all her clients.

spooks

Visit site
yeh, it tells you in the instructions how to use it on humans! our rep said they have a payment option to suit everyone so may be worth looking into. id never heard of equissage until i saw her at towerlands with her stand the other week, didnt think id be able to afford it but was pleasantly surprised with the numerous options they had.

_jetset_

Visit site
I use the hand held unit on my old whiplash injury and it works brilliantly... I use it after I have had a bath (OH does it for me... it's lovely) when my neck is really bad. Still have to have physio on it but not as frequently.

Hand held one is brilliant for specific problems, you are completely right Tierra. Just glad to hear people have positive things to say about them and feel they are useful for their horses.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think that an H wave machine is better, and cheaper too. H wave goes FAR deeper into the muscles than the equissage ever can. My physio does not rate equissage at all but really rates the H wave, as do all her clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the H wave machine? And where can I find info?

Ta Ilona!

seabiscuit

Visit site
It is just the most AWESOME machine you do not have to use it only on horses with specific injuries, every single horse will be tight and have muscle spasm somewhere, that is for sure! so this machine will unblock any of that immedently!

You have to order through a physiotherapist, although if you look hard enough you can buy independently. They are about £1800. More and more dressage yards are beginning to have them now.

The equissage must be a great machine too though, as it is so popular.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I recently purchased a 2nd equissage, my horses love it. Only have one in work at present and have to say if I ride after he has had it one he feels like someone has already warmed him up for me. Also put it on friends horse before she rode and she too said her horse much looser and free in his back.

Still have regular hands on sessions with physio as well as equissage, don't have the hand held equissage unit but do have a human massager that BB's recommended that seems to work well.