Equitation shows????

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
I may be doing an equitation class in 2 weeks and, having never done any kind of show before, am quite nervous. I have been told that I have to do an individual show but have no idea on what to do/what they look for. It is really experiance for me!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding my individual show please.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The judge may tell you what they want you to do but if not walk trot and canter on both reins, with a rein back if you can, but keep the individual show short if you aren't told what to do. Haven't entered many classes but stewarded a lot and judges hate longwinded shows. Also in the part where everyone rides together try not to overtake, it looks as if you are not in control. Not the definitive answere and I'm sure other people will have other things to say but hope it helps

fairhill

Visit site
For equitation the judge is mainly looking at the rider's seat, position and effectiveness. For my individual show I walk away from the judge in a straight line, then trot a figure of eight in rising trot, do a 3-loop serpentine in sitting trot, then canter a figure of eight, finishing with a square halt and salute in front of the judge. Remember to try and smile, and good luck!