Equitrek trailers

Carol Tudor

New User
Visit site
Anyone else had problems with Equitrek trailers ? I bought my trail treka new in oct 2014 and it has disintegrated needing every panel replacing Equitrek have been no help whatsoever

Annagain

Visit site
It's such a shame, Equitreks are a brilliant idea but the build quality is so poor and after sales care is non existent.

Esmae

Visit site
Many problems with them sadly and the company are dreadful to deal with ime. We sold ours and bought an Ifor.

sollimum

Visit site
Was it stored outside? Ours was serviced on Mon and they told me they just disingrate in the rain, which is just ridiculous.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Friends had had no end of issues with hers right from new 3 years ago.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Legendary equitrek build quality ?That’s about how long they last I’m afraid - lightweight materials just don’t have the longevity of heavier ones.. the painted /stored in a barn seem to fare better... our 2010 has had the right side inc ramp plus the back replaced since we got it but we purchased at a price reflecting the rot , it took a couple of days per side and we got the board from Service Metals near Newbury who supply equitrek , OH took old panel out, used it to cut the new one and we now have a virtually new trailer except we also lined it out inc floor with buffalo board so it’s a little heavier but also really strong . There are companies that will do it for you - the really big oanel in the left side was about £1200 from a company advertising on eBay . Ours was about £500 of parts and in reality a full week of our work but was a good lockdown project !

Would ? have one again as they tow beautifully and it’s by far OH mammoth horses favourite method of travel but would always view bearing in mind the costs to repair - there are so many out there advertised for a lot of money bearing in mind you can see the sides bulging , especially above the left side mud guards !

HeyMich

Visit site
We have a 2016 Equitrek and so far, touch wood, we haven't had any problems like that. It's used at least once a week (4 times this week!) and stored outside, but I'm a real stickler for thoroughly cleaning it out in between uses and getting it serviced annually. I absolutley love it as a trailer, the beasts all travel well in it, so I'm happy to take the mainenance costs if and when they are needed.

Britestar

Visit site
My last one was 15 years old. Its had a side panel and back replaced after tw*t horse jumped the breastbar and trashed it. Other than that it was in excellent condition. Loved it, did best part of 100,000 miles with it, had it from new.

Replaced with a new Night Trekka, which has the composite panels. I love it.