er... second January weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Cold addled brain, can't think of a better title. What's everyone doing?

I have a lesson with Kira this afternoon, wish me luck, I feel like death warmed up! but we need to get back into the routine of it all.

Thoroughly dull weekend after that, cleaning old house ready to hand the keys back and try and find the motivation to get on Salty-the-Wild who is currently finding the new school WAAAAAY scary! :eek:

Have fun all :)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Had a dressage lesson yesterday and a jumping lesson today. Both were 'Back To Basics' lessons. Working on my seat, balance, position etc. Very necessary after seeing the clips of me being thrown around like a rag doll jumping last weekend. Tomorrow I am going out hacking with Amber and Dolly. Then Amber can have the weekend off as my focus shifts to the ponies.

Then Saturday we have an NSEA training event after which I need to choose the teams for the Eventers Challenge taking place in February with advice from the trainers. And on Sunday the girls are showjumping. And fitting in visits to Max when I can. He seems very happy in his life of leisure with his 2 girl-friends.

Hope you feel better soon MP. I have escaped lurgy so far.

Chippers1

Visit site
Enjoy your lesson MP.

Yet more SJ for me on Sunday, going to do a 70cm and try another 80cm. This venue has less scary fillers but more jumps in the course. Plus it's not optimum time so I can push on a bit!
Saturday I need to tidy up my lorry, looking to sell it at some point (I want to upgrade) but it needs a bit of tidying first.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I hope you feel better soon MP!
Good luck competing AE and Chippers :).

Hacking Saturday, I'm going to try M in her old snaffle again as I'm getting fed up of dealing with 2 reins all the time. I'm hoping she'll be fit enough to start having lessons at the end of Feb as there's something going on with my rising trot and it needs to be fixed :oops:.

Sunday we're going to Essex to pick up my little Zaz, he's just left Lithuania in the back of a van (photo here) <3. I'm very excited to get him!

scats

Visit site
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Hope you feel bette soon MP.
No major plans, we’ve had a bit of a stressful week here (not horse related, thankfully) so having a chill out weekend as a family. Seeing two of my horsey friends on Friday for pizza night.

Girls will do some work- I’m currently in Polly’s bad books because she’s been made to wear a muzzle. I’ve just moved them into another paddock, which rested pretty much all of last year, so both girls are being muzzled on it. Millie’s fine, she’s used to it. Polly was glaring at me last night like I was reponsible for everything that’s ever gone wrong in the world!
My orbitless noseband has arrived so Polly will be going bitless!

I’d got into a rut with Millie last week and it was totally my fault. I had started pushing her a bit, because I felt she was behind my leg, but I was just pushing her out of her natural rhythm and then she bombed onto the forehand and was just tanking me everywhere. Totally my fault, the Diva had so many gears to play around with and Millie isn’t as talented in that department and it’s frustating at times. But she is more talented in other ways and I need to remember to work with what I’ve got. So I gave her a few days off and we started again this week. Had a really positive session on Tuesday, lots of praise, letting her stay in her rhythm and no pushing from me, and as a result, I actually got what I had been trying and failing to get last week with the medium trot. She rewarded me with some amazing work and we were both happy and chilled after the session. Stark lesson for me!

albeg

Visit site
Ride Saturday morning, then go check possible venue for an event.

Will jump at home on Sunday, and weather-depending, remove some of the embedded arena/field from the grey beast.

Wheels

Visit site
So great to see so many people going out and about and kicking 2019 off in the right way.

I think I'm about 48 hours away from getting rid of this hideous cold...

Saturday I'll go for a nice hack and Sunday we have another indoor derby, love them :D

rosiesowner

Visit site
Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Post plenty of photos please :)

Chilli and I are having a quiet weekend. Just a bit of light schooling and hacking this time. OH has asked if he can groom her again so who am I to say no to having my horse brushed for me?? Mission: Get him on her is in full swing now :cool::p

Snowfilly

Visit site
All sounds good fun.

Riding school showjumping on Sunday, probably the 85 and 90. Although if the predicted ice age comes, it'll be 50 and 60 HC and home to the warm...

Asha

Visit site
its my daughters turn for arena eventing at Somerford this weekend. Plan at the moment is to take Pip and Aria along as well, so they can go around the farm ride. The ginger one is now back in work and getting ready for her 2nd season eventing.

Nicnac

Visit site
Hack Saturday and RC team Arena Eventing Sunday. Although having seen the times (one at 9.00 and t'other at 14.00) feeling less than keen as means horses mostly on lorry from 7.30 to 4pm bar warm up and competition. Will pop them out in the field for 2-3 hours after we get home.

Every time we do RC team competitions I say never again.....

Denbob

Visit site
Back in the gym for me and long-reining boot camp for the beast while we wait for the saddler to come out. if we're lucky we can borrow a friend's saddle but I've got a feeling it'll be the same issue of the wrong shape at the front. Bloody youngsters! I'm only partly grumpy as he's been going so well and don't want to lose momentum but it does mean he's finally starting to even out and we might have shoulders to match his back end soon...

GG13

Visit site
Hi everyone, first time poster here :)

I’m arena eventing on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Hoping I’m not on too late as the classes are very full and we’re in the last class of the day. It’s our first competition since the horse picked up an injury last summer so very excited to be able to go out and about again!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Hi everyone, first time poster here :)

I’m arena eventing on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Hoping I’m not on too late as the classes are very full and we’re in the last class of the day. It’s our first competition since the horse picked up an injury last summer so very excited to be able to go out and about again!

Hello, welcome to the madness. Good luck on Sunday!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
We are continuing on the slow rehab route and have now introduced short stretches of trot. She was striding out well and spot on level including for the diagonal changes, and no toe dragging. She's not on any Danilon, so this is very pleasing progress.

image.jpeg

I'm trying my best not to slump in the saddle, I need someone shouting 'Sit up!' at me! I could do with some schoolmaster lessons to get my position back.

Flu tet jabs all round tomorrow, so it'll be a quiet weekend in hand after those.

Good luck to all those out competing/doing whizzier stuff than us.

oldie48

Visit site
I hacked Rose today with a friend who's horse was a bit naughty. Good test for Rose though as she coped well, didn't get too wound up despite the other horse crashing into her, was prepared to go in front past the scary pony in a spotted rug running up and down the fence line and also dealt well with some really big farm machinery. I'm taking her to do a couple of UA tests tomorrow, trying a novice as we have to do that level for Quest, just to see how we go. Her canter is improving but she still needs a lot of leg and seat to keep it contained otherwise it's all a bit free! Saturday she's having off as she's had a very busy week then on Sunday I am doing a test riding clinic at Novice.
Good luck to everyone competing and have fun whatever you are doing. I might take my camera (if I can remember) to the clinic but otherwise no pics as Billy no mates has to go on her own!

humblepie

Visit site
On some time down now. Had planned for a competition/schooling break in December but as weather stayed nice we kept going so doing the down time now. Have fun all out competing schooling hacking etc.

blood_magik

Visit site
I had my weekly flat lessons this morning and have booked a last-minute jumping lesson for tonight - I really need to jump round something before SNEC on Saturday but can’t say I’m looking forwards to it after this morning. 😄

Taking both big boys this weekend. Will probably move down a class with beau until he gets going again.

Have pencilled in my first 1.15m with Blue in two weeks time so I need to get my backside in gear and get some newcomers double clears under our belts. 😳

Henry got the all-clear after his MRI so I’m hoping he’ll be able to start work once he’s seen the vet’s farrier for some remedial work. I’ve also made an offer for my old horse so hoping his current owner accepts. 🤞🏻

Good luck everyone 🙂

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
We have RC polework clinic on Sat.

Original plan was for a sj training on Tues and tomorrow, then local arena eventing on Sunday at lowest height, but fluey cold zapped me out, so cancelled all of it. Plenty more dates in the future tho :)

Good luck to those competing :)

mavandkaz

Visit site
Quick hack tomorrow before it gets dark.
Then Saturday we are off jumping. Entered for the 70cm and 80cm. 70cm will be fine but will be our first 80cm. Well we did do one 2 years ago, which ended up with me falling off and landing on my hip, resulting in me not being able to walk. Horse is more then capable but i have a tendency to panic and bury him into the bottom of the fence. So the aim is just get around in as good a rhythm as possible.
If all goes well will hack on Sunday.

Good luck to all those competing

Chippers1

Visit site
Good luck with the 80cm @mavandkaz you sound similar to me with the panic! My aims currently are to get round 80s in a rhythm, don't even mind poles or even stops (Well if it's a scary jump!) Just as long as we get over everything eventually. He did a lovely 70cm course last weekend, I'd like to emulate that in an 80 one day. The 80 was a bit haphazard but we got over everything eventually 😅

mavandkaz

Visit site
@Chippers1 we do seem to be in the same place at the moment.
It's really annoying how much my nerves affect my riding. Although I've never been brave, i did a lot of jumping in my teenage years and BSJA (as it was then) at 1.10/15.
Horse is more then capable and i feel sorry for him having to put up with me! But I'm sure we will get there eventually, just taking longer then planned.

Well done on last weekend, and good luck for this weekend

Chippers1

Visit site
I feel the same, I was so nervous before the 80 last weekend it was horrendous. It's only 10cm!! My problem is oxers, they just look huge to me and my pony is only 14hh so they look bigger. But then I think back 6/7 years when I'd regularly do 85cm/90cm with my 13hh pony and wonder where it all went wrong...

On another note, I've made a new year's resolution to do one schooling session a week without stirrups and started today, really highlighted how much more unbalanced his right canter is so if anyone has any tips for balance then please share! I've been starting some exercises I've read about online which are starting to help.