Ernie got kicked today

severnmiles

Visit site
Went hunting this morning, it was the Llanwnnen opening meet and all of us Clettwr people went as a kind gesture seeing as the Llanwnnen hunted their hounds for us twice whilst ours were out of action. Stood at the meet and went to walk towards mum to give her my coat and some little creature went wallop and caught him right on the elbow, it made a huge sound
frown.gif
and has split the skin through a good few layers. I took him out for a a couple of hours gently so he didn't stiffen up and then brought him home. Silly girls horse had already kicked out twice and she still stood it in the middle of meet, hardly even told it off, if it had been mine it would have had three hard wallops on its arse.

Poor Ernie
frown.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
I hate it when people can't control their horses and then don't disapline them! Why put the horse in the middle of the meet, Stupid, imagine if it kicked the Huntmaster's horse!

Hope your horse is ok.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Silly girls horse had already kicked out twice and she still stood it in the middle of meet, hardly even told it off, if it had been mine it would have had three hard wallops on its arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor guy - to me it is just negligent - and only 3 hits, I am sure you mean 3 minutes of continuous hits???

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I think peoples manners are getting worse. People they just do not seem to care. Ettiquette is there for a reason a lot of time.

severnmiles

Visit site
I know! Another girls horse kicked a car and she didn't even apologise!

I'm not fond of big meets, when we had moved off I stuck with our huntsman, whip and another girl. Too many muppets out at opening meets!
PHTO00202.jpg

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Poor guy - to me it is just negligent - and only 3 hits, I am sure you mean 3 minutes of continuous hits???

[/ QUOTE ]

GT's! You'll get yourself into trouble again with happyhackersRus!
smirk.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Too many muppets out at opening meets!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I opt out and don't ride at ours, I go and support the pub instead!

Sorry to hear about Ernie, hope hes OK, hes looking great.
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GT's! You'll get yourself into trouble again with happyhackersRus!
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well atleast my horse will not kick. it is either three minutes, or hobbles. Hunting in hobbles sounds dangerous.

S_N

Visit site
WOTT!!! OMG porr wee man!! Bloody glad it didn't get you in your bad leg girl!

I see Jen's on Horsequest - or was it Horsemart - forgotten now
blush.gif

poggio

Visit site
oh no !! hope he's not too sore.

if that was me and the horse had already kicked out/did it again, Id have it sent home!
A friends horse was banned from her pony club for kicking out at a meet.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
WOTT!!! OMG porr wee man!! Bloody glad it didn't get you in your bad leg girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have rather it got my leg than my horse
frown.gif

livetoride

Visit site
I do hope that Ernie is OK and recovers quickly.

I hate to see kickers get away with it - so many riders seem reluctant to discipline their horses properly these days. I guess this rider's only excuse was that she was in the middle of the meet and maybe she fealt she may have startled other horses, but she should have quickly taken him aside for a well-deserved hiding. Mine can expect four hard wallops for even thinking about raising a leg and a lot more if they ever actually made contact.

_____
Sarah

teapot

Visit site
Hope he's ok

mad.gif
at stupid person on her pony - is walloping someone with a whip against hunting etiquette? ~whistles~