ESHPC hunter trial report (long )

spooks

Visit site
day started off c**p when otto went down in the lorry whilst we were coming down a very steep hill, had to stop halfway down it with numerous other lorrys backed up behind me.hes not a good traveller at the best of times anyway..he was ok though. then number 2 daughter decides the time is right to tell me she has left her boots at the yard! que manic phoning around trying to get someone to bring them over. tacked the pony up for ash to warm up and she was an absolute git, she is usually on her toes for the first 20 mins before she calms down but today she surpassed herself and went up vertical resulting in ash jumping off before she went over backwards.it was going to be taylors first xc on her but i think the high winds,her being in season and otto stood at the lorry just blew her brains today, she does leg yield very nicely though as we found out when she went back to the lorry sidewards!
blush.gif
ash then got otto ready and he was pretty good to start with ,then decided he would also practice some dressage moves on the way back to the lorry! was wishing i'd stayed in bed by this time.... i wandered off over the course and left ash gossiping with a friend..she was doing the 2ft 9 course and all of the jumps were up to height and bigger. (biggest course she has done on him ) she had a stop at the first haybales which she made him jump from a standstill, then a stop at the tiger trap and a stop at another haybales jump which was only the width of a haybale,hes a bugger for shooting out the side at narrow jumps, just as she jumped the last fence the heavens opened with a hail storm and otto went from bay to grey in seconds! ash was very pleased with him , she said she had a few hairy moments when he went flat out and didnt slow up for the jumps but they came back in one piece both having enjoyed themselves. and best of all otto went straight back on the lorry after his experience and he has been being a bit funny about going on it of late anyway. saw live wire and the lovely ellie there but will let her tell you how they got on.
grin.gif
there is a couple of pics in the gallery if you got this far!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Heylo! it was nice to see you today! i can't believe how good the ground was, such a nicely put together course.
do you by any chance know where i could find out the results? i left before they went up as it waas taking a while. well done today!

spooks

Visit site
ground was good wasnt it considering the amont of the wet stuff we have had! results might be on there website? will have a look.

spooks

Visit site
just had a look on there web page and they put the results on there in the news section,dont know when they will be up though