European eventing squad announced - thoughts?

Lexi_

Visit site
Rosalind Canter & Allstar B
Tina Cook & Billy The Red (direct reserve horse: Calvino II )
Piggy French & Quarrycrest Echo
Gemma Tattersall & Quicklook V
Oliver Townend & Cooley SRS
Nicola Wilson & Bulana

Reserves Sarah Cohen & Treason and Alexander Bragg & Zagreb

What do you all think?

Personally I'm gutted for Alex Bragg - not sure how much better he could possibly have gone this year! - but am really pleased to see Oli back. It's an interesting squad though. Some really strong 3* horses in there.

AFB

Visit site
Great squad, I've also been impressed by Bragg this season but I couldn't pick who I'd drop to put him in.

Great position for us to be in I guess...

ihatework

Visit site
Great squad, I've also been impressed by Bragg this season but I couldn't pick who I'd drop to put him in.

Great position for us to be in I guess...

Ditto. All selected horses are capable of a strong performance. As are the reserves.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Glad to see Oli and Tina in the squad. Fingers crossed all the horses stay sound and travel well!
I was surprised though that Zara T never even made the long list after finishing third - and on her dressage score - at Kentucky. Maybe the cross country at the Polish venue (that I couldn't spell or pronounce...) wouldn't suit High Kingdom???

debbielinder

Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed that Sarah and Mr T didn't make the team. Not least because i worked for Preci spark, but given their form over the last 2 seasons you'd say you could be near certain they will get round and be very close to the time. I know its only classed as 3* but i'd have thought a good run at 4* would put them in good stead. There is only Ros, and Sarah that have placings at 4* with these horses, although alexander did have that blinder of a round at Badminton XC.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed that Sarah and Mr T didn't make the team. Not least because i worked for Preci spark, but given their form over the last 2 seasons you'd say you could be near certain they will get round and be very close to the time. I know its only classed as 3* but i'd have thought a good run at 4* would put them in good stead. There is only Ros, and Sarah that have placings at 4* with these horses, although alexander did have that blinder of a round at Badminton XC.

NW's ride has been second in a 4*this season .

teapot

Visit site
Glad Tina's on there and Calvino's a direct reserve too, which I assume means he'll be swapped if anything happens to Billy the Red.

Whether we'll compete with the Germans is another matter. That said, first Champs with Chris B in charge so who knows?

Batgirl

Visit site
Delighted to see Ros Canter (on whom I have a crush) and very much have enjoyed watching her quietly confident riding on youngstock in this area and on Allstar B

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Where can we see the other countries' teams? I'm assuming Michael Jung is in the German team and presumably the French won't make too many unforced changes from their Olympic team.
Gemma did well at Gatcombe.