EVA matting in lorry?

Matafleur

Visit site
Has anyone used EVA mats in a lorry rather than rubber? We are just 're doing the floor in my 3.5t at the moment and I'm hoping to use EVA mats. I'm thinking they will be lighter so be easier to lift. I travel 1 16hh who travels v well if that makes a difference.

mil1212

Visit site
My 7.5ton has mayomats, they've been in 4 years and are great, have put up with studded and pawing horses! definitely they way to go to save on weight, easier to take up to check the floor

Matafleur

Visit site
Perfect, just what I wanted to hear :) how are yours fixed down? Or are they not? I'm hoping to seal the floor as much as possible but not sure how feasible that is.

gmw

Visit site
Haven't used EVA mats in lorry but bought some for the stables. Huge mistake they started breaking up within hours and they are light and move about underfoot a lot. Not suitable for horses imo. My horse box has rubber matting they are heavy but stay put.

Tallante

Visit site
My pony did 2 trips with eva mats in what was then a new lorry and landed heavily on the floor the second time. They lifted far too easily and I replaced them immediately with heavy rubber mats.

meesha

Visit site
My 3.5 van conversion has a sealed rubber type floor then on top 2 light weight mats but they are snugly fitted, tucking under lip at entrance and under partition floor fixing. They can be lifted out fairly easily although you need to take partition out first and don't move at all when horse in there.

soot

Visit site
Yep I have 5yo EVA mats in my lorry, used most weekends. They are super bouncy and grippy and my ponies love them!

(to add: mine cannot lift as I had a special lip made up to slide them in and out for cleaning + the partition holds them down too)

Matafleur

Visit site
Hmmm, not sure what to do now... I would really like EVA but don't want them to move and I'm not sure how we would fix them down.

Thank you for the responses though, they have given me some things to consider.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
If you use proper EVA mayo/cow mats then they will be fine for what you want. However, if you get the really light stuff, it will be more of a hindrance. They should still be heavy, but just less heavy than rubber mats!