EVA Vaccine

Rollin

Visit site
What is the news on this? We were advised by the French National Stud, that the only vaccine available last year would expire in November. Rossdales confirmed this. Our Shagya stallion who should have been vaccinated Jan 2018, was vaccinated Nov. 2017. This means he must be vaccinated again next month but we hear there may still be a supply problem.

Any equine vets on this forum who can assist?

Fortunately we do have frozen semen for him but there are always mare owners who want natural cover.

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you Druid. The National Stud have issued similar advice but he is not lapsed YET, we vaccinated early last year.

I just wondered if anyone knows of the current status of new vaccine. The problem is one of manufacture. We do have frozen semen but this has huge implications for TB breeding where only natural cover is acceptable.

Equi

Visit site
Thank you Druid. The National Stud have issued similar advice but he is not lapsed YET, we vaccinated early last year.

I just wondered if anyone knows of the current status of new vaccine. The problem is one of manufacture. We do have frozen semen but this has huge implications for TB breeding where only natural cover is acceptable.

Is it not only a problem with TB to TB breeding ? For a cross i dont think it would matter..

druid

Visit site
No, as it's an issue with Arterivac being produced at all we are following the titre and test mare scenario outlined in the article for the TB stallions and continuing to test all mares being covered. Shuttle quarantine hasn't yet started so that hurdle is yet to come. Suggestions were late June for supply but I would imagine the first supplies will go to large TB stud farms as it did with the EHV vacc shortage