Event Rider Needed

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
I am looking for a rider for my young stallion to produce for eventing and would really like recommendations

I dont mind him going away to someone else's yard but as I am in Yorkshire I dont want him going to far south. Also the budget is unlimted. Must be used to competing stallions. I have rung 1 yard local to me and they asked me how they would be expected to produce a stallion!!!

Dazzle is about 16hhs so probably wouldnt suit everyone. He's done some BSJA Brit Nov and is in work at moment.

My 16 year old daughter rides him at home but she isnt confident enough to introduce him to Eventing (and I think he deserves a more professional rider!)

bishop21112small.jpg

Fools Motto

Visit site
Lovely horse.
Can't help personally but hope you find someone suitable.

Someone on here is bound to know someone in the yorkshire area?

TableDancer

Visit site
Nicola Wilson is based near me in Hampshire! That's miles away from Yorkshire!

I think that might be the other Nicola Wilson, Firewell, Opposition Buzz is definitely Yorkshire based.

Slightly off the wall idea, but a girl called Rachael Thompson based in Cheshire evented a stallion very like yours, OP, to a high level (Gold medal Young Rider team, Advanced etc). He retired but she's been eventing one of his offspring. Could be worth talking to...

TheoryX1

Visit site
Would love to say my daughter, but he's too big (she is a petite 5 foot 2 inches), and our yard cannot at the moment accommodate stallions as turnout is mixed, plus we are down south, plus she isnt a pro. I just think he is lovely. Dont know who to suggest, but he is gorgeous and would make a matching pair to our coloured mare.

Out of interest whats his breeding, as he has a very smilar look to our mare who is a grand daughter of Samber out of Hercorose.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Well, if the budget if unlimited you can ask anyone ;)

I would think that Alex P and Nicola Wilson are the most obvious ones I can think of up here. Rachel Thomas is another local girl, who produced Well Spotted (Matthew Ws ride) who seems to do well, and runs the yard owned by the lady who owns Opposition Buzz, not that its important, but just a little fact :)

jomiln

Thanks for all the suggestions so far

Stencilface - I should have put the budget is NOT unlimited - just read my OP again and realised the error!!! Dont think husband would approve of me spending the earth.

TheoryX1 - He is a part bred Trakehner -out of a fleetwater mare going back to Muschamps Danube.

georgiegirl

Visit site
I think they would be a good bet and I imagine the prices wont be mega mega bucks compared to some - they seem to get some good results out of youngsters too - mine came from there!

ihatework

Visit site
I don't really know the yards up there, but I would support the suggestion of Rachel Thomas. Someone I know well has had horses with Rachel for a number of years and is very pleased, she seems very good at producing the young horses.

Optimist

Visit site
How about Julie Lawson? She is Yorkshire based and competes the stallions Primitive Faerie Tale and a lovely coloured horse whose name escapes me!

trick123

Visit site
our stable jockey is looking for more rides this year, he's a lovely rider, he might be able to come to a reasonable arrangement with you if you inbox me i will let you know his name and number
we are near durham

Last edited:

hcm88

Visit site
Not knowing your budget I'll list some off the top of my head

Rachael Lupton
Nicola Wilson is probably an obvious, if expensive one!
Polly Stockton in Cheshire
James Sommerville
Sarah Cohen possibly although I can't remember where she's based
Hannah Bate
Vickie Dennis
Terry Boon
James Sommerville

FaldingwoodLivery

Visit site
where exactly in yorkshire are you? one of my liverys events abd we're south yorkshire so theres a good chance she'd know someone to reccomend, i could ask her for you if you like. are you wanting him to go away for schooling or just wanting to pay an event rider to ride compete him?

Cashew

Visit site
Try James Adams based near Darlington - he events a stallion called Pricewise at *** level. PM if you would like his number.

jomiln

This list certainly gives me people to try.

1 or 2 may be too far but a very good choice - just now have to ring a few people.

FaldingwoodLivery - I'm in East Yorkshire so probably too far out on a limb for most people to come & ride him from my yard so think my best choice is for him to go away to be competed.

Cashew - if you could PM me James Adams number he was suggested by someone local to me and as he is competing stallions may be worth trying.

If anyone has any more info on Rachael Lupton or Vickie Dennis that would be good.

From what I have seem of James Somerville at events he seems to like them bigger than my boy.

Terry Boon doesnt seem to have been eventing since 2009.