Event Times

kit279

Visit site
Just had my event times for this weekend and a bit surprised at how close they are together - about 30 minutes apart all round!

What would be the ideal spacing for your times? How much time do you like in between phases?

Also, does anyone else find they just can't time it correctly? Last weekend I was consistently 30 minutes early for everything despite trying my hardest to time it properly!

Gamebird

Visit site
30 mins between each would be my ideal, failing that then at least SJing and XC 20-40 mins apart. I'm fairly organised, and despite tack changes for each phase am pretty good at getting to each bit on time. If your times are close together you don't need to duplicate (or even triplicate) most of your warming up.

Thistle

Visit site
I quite like them close together too, saves lots of hanging around.

For many events now the jump times are just a guide and they do numbers down at the ring. I prefer this as long as you know that's what's happening as you can go to suit you.

This weekend we have lots of hanging around.
2 horses pretty much hourly spaces from 10 until 3. Not enough time to get lunch, walk courses etc, but more than we need to swap over.

Guess we shall have to get up early to walk course and take a picnic for lunch!

Hopefully jumping will run a bit early and we'll get a break between the 2 horses.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I agree with Gamebird and Thistle. Short times between phases is ideal - means you just have time to change tack/clothes and straight back on with it, rather than waking up a comatose horse that's been standing on the lorry for hours!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I find the spacing in between BE SJ and XC is normally tight. Personally, I prefer dressage then about 2 hours so I can walk the XC course (unless very local when I can walk day before). Then I like the SJ and another full hour before the XC.

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
I like to do my dressage then ideally walk the xc course, so ideally an hour between dressage and sj, i only warm up 5 mins or so for sj as it blows her brain otherwise. Then at most half an hour between sj and xc