Eventers - BE number bib

lisab

Visit site
Don't laugh - SJ is my thing and we don't use such contraptions!

I've just dug out my BE number bib to lend to my friend for a ODE on Sunday and I can't work out how it goes (I've never used it).

I get that the criss cross bit goes at the back and the clip on elastic goes round your waist, but when you thread the shoulder straps through the plastic buckle things, you end up with big long dangly bits that obscure the front number panel and I don't think she will be too impressed with straps flapping round her face whilst she is tearing round the xc course.

Am I doing it wrong?

ps - it is very nice of me to lend her my bib and go and support her - I am currently in plaster from my silly horse spooking and falling on the road, knocking me out and breaking my foot :eek:

glamourpuss

Visit site
Sounds like you have done it perfectly. The straps on the front are just reeeeeeeally long. I cut mine off to make them much shorter, if you didn't want to do this you could just safety pin them onto the inside of the front bib.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
In fact... have just had a closer look at some photos (it's been so long since I last wore mine! :( ) and I think I did something "funky" when threading the straps through the front fastenings and ended up with the straps on the inside anyway?! You can always play around to see if that would work?

Equally... I'm sure your friend wouldn't dare complain when you're lending her it and saving her a tenner! ;)

jumptoit

Visit site
In fact... have just had a closer look at some photos (it's been so long since I last wore mine! :( ) and I think I did something "funky" when threading the straps through the front fastenings and ended up with the straps on the inside anyway?! You can always play around to see if that would work?

I think I did the same (been ages since I wore mine last too :(), but can't remember how I did it either :rolleyes:!

ETA: Found my bib and if you undo the strap and then flip the buckle thing it was threaded through round so that it faces the inside of the bib then you can thread it down the inside if that makes sense.

Last edited:

lisab

Visit site
Thank you, so I'm not such a twit after all.

I'll have a fiddle with the straps and see if I can get them to go on the inside.

And yes, she does have a medical armband thanks. She does a lot of ODEs but they normally supply the bibs and you pay a fiver deposit. I'm busy converting her to the dark side - she says she doesn't like show jumping but I'll wear her down in the end! I like eventing apart from the dressage bit (yes I know - I am a heathen).

I'm not sure if it will be fun or torture watching everyone else razz around having fun but at least it will keep me out of the pub for a bit - BORED BORED BORED :D

Thanks for your replies.

VGM

Visit site
much easier than cutting and sewing...just fold them back on themselves and black electrical tape them down