Eventers Challenge - Summerhouse

LansdownK310

Visit site
Has anyone done the eventers challenge at Summerhouse before? What are the xc fences like? We’ve SJ’d there before so I’m familiar with the fillers they use, I’m trying to decide which class to enter and thinking that smaller may be better if there are some super scary fences! Tried looking at the photographs from previous ones but they only showed a rustic fence with trees and what looked like a massive water tray!

naza

Visit site
Dont know about their XC im afraid but just wondered what their SJ's are like? are they full up to height? And even in the summer are they on a surface?

Kokopelli

Visit site
Have a look at these:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.313642782034502.75305.100001663480027&type=3

They're pretty straightforward xc fences but if your more confident SJ then it might be worth dropping down a height for it and if you find it okay next time go back up :)

Naza- it's always on a surface there, the fences used to be built well but they got a complaint so I find that the courses are often under height which is a shame as summerhouse was one of the few venues that got it right. The height things is for BS though not sure what it's like unaff. It's a lovely place though, definitely worth going to. :)

_MizElz_

Visit site
Naza - I've been to Blewbury an awful lot; it's tiny, and the warmup isn't great, but I've always thought they build well and Ellie has always, without question, jumped beautifully there!

Zach102

Visit site
XC Fences in eventers challenge are like rustic working hunter fences (all wooden poles with a few wooden fillers/bit of brush underneath) so not solid at all or big and bold so alot just like rustic showjumping really!

Good luck :) x