eventers...what do u do

I_A_P

Visit site
saddle wise..im having a complete saddle change, iv started doing some intros, and i am selling my gp. its been suggested that i geta nice jumpoing saddle and then get a synthetic dressage to uprgrade to leather when we can afford it.

i really dont want a gp, im wondering if you know of any particularly good makes to look out for that may suit me, i need something that would be good for xc and sj (reasonably price not new) and that would fit someone with a long hip-knee length

many thanks jst general advice please would be appreciated
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Not really an eventer but, you can pick up on ebay a good name leather dressage for about the same price as a synthetic, I got an prestige dressage saddle for £150. I found with a stubben one (tristan) that my knees stuck out the front of the saddle. For jumping, I've also got a really long hip knee bit and I use a Stubben (£300 on ebay), I also fit in my sisters Albion K2 Jumping saddle, albions are a bit more expensive 2nd hand as not so many of them around. You can probably get a synthetic dressage saddle for £80.

Hope this helps

vic07

Visit site
I have a mark todd close contact. And I am quite short in the thigh and MT was not!

I would suggest trying as many saddles as possible. Some people love close contacts and others don't get on with them. A good saddle is very personal. See what friends have and ask for a little sit!

MagicMelon

Visit site
What about an event saddle? Thats what I compete in, but its just slightly more forward cut than a usual GP. Not so great for dressage but like you I hope to buy a synthetic dressage one at some point (but my boy is VERY VERY difficult to fit.....). Bates do a nice one or Kings etc.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
I have a Stubben Siegfried for my jumping saddle, and have especially long hip-knee length - I fit in it very well.

Have found that the quality of albion saddles is worryingly variable.