eventful night and a WARNING to drivers!!

Rocky715

Visit site
errr so I was just driving home from the stables and a man ran in front of my car. I managed to stop but he looked as though he was purposely trying to run directly in front of me so that I would hit him. So he was stood right up against the front of my car shouting stuff and staring right at me ... I couldn't get past him so I locked the doors and reversed away from him but he was walking towards the car and tried to get in. So then I tried to drive down another road and he ran in front of the car again - I was so scared and eventually got away from him and called the police. But i guess this is just a warning to drive with your doors locked!!!

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
jeezeee! i would of absolutely crapped myself! you should of just ran him over
tongue.gif

i was walking down my lane the other day when i man pulled up very slowly behind me and asked where i was going and if he wanted him to take me there :| i was like arghhhh run!

Rocky715

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OMG - i think id of hit him,.

Was there anyone else around?
What was he shouting??

[/ QUOTE ]

No nobody else was around, i was wetttting myself!! im annoyed cos i couldnt hear what he was shouting cos as usual i had my music up really loud... and my instinct luckily was to lock the doors rather than turn it down!!!

Racing_Gal

Visit site
Oh My God!! Good job you got your doors lock in time. My OH laughs at me for driving ever where with the doors locked. I remember a story in the news years ago where a woman had slowed down to go through a flooded part of a counrty lane, a man draged her from her car and raped her...my doors have been locked from that day on!

Rocky715

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Where in Bucks was this??

Just in case the loon makes his way to Beds! (i will just aim at him though!)

[/ QUOTE ]

it was in Winslow. The village next to Addington!!!
He was dodgy looking with long hair

Weezy

Visit site
BEWARE of this. There have been cases of people deliberately walking in front of cars because then they can claim compensation for injuries. Of course, he could have just been a nutter, or he could have been dangerous, or just on the take - whichever, it must have shaken you up and yes, locked doors are a good precaution
smile.gif

Silverspring

Visit site
Gosh, that sounds utterly terrifying! Glad you're safe and you thought to lock the doors so quickly, I'm not sure if I would have it would be very easy to freeze in that situ.

Will start locking my doors when leaving the yard, I drive along single track roads so if anyone walked in front of me I'd have nowhere to go other than over the top of them
confused.gif
frown.gif

ajn1610

Visit site
We had a similar episode with a strange man who turned up in next doors house! Mrs Neighbour was home alone and came downstairs to find he'd let himself in. It was early autumn he had no coat or shoes, and was asking how to get to Old Trafford to watch Man U play which is MILES away. She came round to us and we locked all the doors and called the police who came and picked him up. Turned out he was from Liverpool and in some sort of sheltered accommodation, but was off his meds and had wondered off. He'd been missing for several days and from what the Police could gather he'd walked the whole way.
At the time it was really frightening, although I think he was more a danger to himself than anything else. It is no wonder you are shaken if this guy was aggressive towards you. Big Hug and pour yourself a large drink!

JM07

Visit site
As I drive a Shogun i wouldn't have felt a thing as I hit him.!!!!

Idiot.

Do you live near a Secure Unit by any chance???

frb

Visit site
This happened to a friend of mine, a wierdo came up to her car as she was waiting at a junction, opened her door, leant in and punched her, then ran off. I always lock my doors.

Marie_P

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would report it to the police if i were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely agree with this. Even if just to give the police the "heads up" in case he does this to someone else.

Hope you're ok.

BlackDiamond

Visit site
Thank you for this - my OH's clifford alarm locks his doords autmoatically but my little car is far too old - i will remember to lock them no - thanks

skye123

Visit site
oh god sounds horrible i would have been scared witless
crazy.gif
what would you do in that sort of situation if you were on a motorbike though?
confused.gif
i go down a lot of deserted lanes on mine
crazy.gif
at least you have doors on your car
tongue.gif

JoJo_

Visit site
Slightly different note but apparently you should keep your doors locked in towns/cities too cuz thiefs have been known to come up to your car when your at traffic lights, open the passenger door and steal your handbags. Happened to a friend of mine a few months ago.

Rocky715

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
QR
There is always the possibility he needed help
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

maybeeee but if he really wanted help the main high street was literally a 2 minute walk... and there were houses all around us