eventing questions (lots - from an eventing virgin!)

show_jumper

Visit site
hello.....

im thinking of taking my stallion eventing (BE).... but have lots of questions as i really know very little about it....... only ever show jumped...so have LOTS of questions.......
1. is the eventing season nearly over?? if so.... what do you do now??
2. what is this indoor eventing that i've heard about???
3. is there somewhere i can get hold of the dressage tests so i can see what im in for?
4.if the season is finishing..when does it start again??

think thats it for now actually...but i'm sure ill be back with more.........

any insight would be fab!
thanks!

monica987

Visit site
1. is the eventing season nearly over?? if so.... what do you do now?? Yes - there are very few events left and too late to enter any. Showjump/dressage/hunter trial in the winter, and then in early 09 there will be some Jumping And Style (JAS) events which are a sjing course with indoor xc fences in it. These are great to get you going for the season. It begins again in March.

2. what is this indoor eventing that i've heard about??? JAS - pricey but worth it - really sets you up well. As said above there are sjs and xc fences inside and you are mainly marked on style.

3. is there somewhere i can get hold of the dressage tests so i can see what im in for? If you register BE you get a hand book which has all the tests in. Otherwise go onto britisheventing.com and click on downloads (on the left) and it says dressage tests somewhere!

4.if the season is finishing..when does it start again?? March I think
smile.gif

kerilli

Visit site
just be aware though, indoor eventing really isn't like normal eventing, well, the xc bit certainly isn't!
if you're just going for the experience and are happy to go slowly, it's fine, but to be competitive you have to go very fast, take strides out, angle things acutely etc, and for some horses this is a bit much, it can blow their minds! xc outside, of course, you have lots of time between most fences etc etc to settle them etc. just a thought!
lots of time from now on to do lots of training to be reading for next season...!