eventing stallion

burge

Visit site
Jzz Time III currently competed by Jeanette Brakewell. I know the owner and she didn't really want a stallion (she bred him) but as he was so good she kept him entire and hasn't regretted it.

eventrider23

Visit site
Future Illusion would get my vote. His temperament is by all accounts superb and his foals are awesome! He is also being ridden by Jeanette Brakewell.

Another I would reccomend, although not strictly an event stallion as he is a jumper, is Brendons young stallion El Thuder. We have had two by him and both are awesome, with one of them, out of a WB mare being highly commended at the futurity as a foal and this year as a yearling and at both achieved a good first premium. All his foals are athletic and typey with his superb temperament...you could literally let a small child go in his stable for cuddles!!!

laa666

Visit site
Future Illusion very interesting, my mares foal did very well at futurity one year. Want to breed event type horse, she has Current Magic in her lines, not that i know much about the stallion. Will look at all stallions. Many tks

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Condios - one of his oldest progeny came 7th in the 2* at Hartpury. Stilo Kontiko is incredibly brave, moves really well and careful Sjer. I really think Condios will be the next thing eventing. Condios himself has also been proven in the Sjing field. Some of the stallions mentioned have not got proven stock or performance yet.

Thefuture

Visit site
As you are down in the Westcountry I would most certainly look at Kings Composer. His fertility is excellent and the stud management is second to none. My mares which have been there certainly come back from there looking better than from anywhere else as well as in foal.

There are also two young stallions on the yard - one has his first crop on the ground this year and I have seen one of them - very correctly put together with good straight movement out of an average mare. The other has covered a few mares this year but the stud is being very select with him - I saw him in Aprl and he is an absolute eyeful of a young stallion!

Bossanova

Visit site
People always forget Take It 2 The Limit yet he's achieving some excellent results at 3* and looks a total doddle to do from what I've seen of him out and about.

He's a little heavier than my ideal stamp but mixed with a tb mare I reckon he'd produce something seriously nice- he's a real trier.

YOUANDYOURS

Visit site
I would certainly recommend Kings Composer as I have now used him twice. The first time sent the mare to the stud and she was quickly in foal and returned home looking very well indeed. This time foal at foot went the AI route as didnt wish to travel foal very early as wanted to go on foal heat and again straight in foal. The foal is stunning with superb straight limbs and a free action topped off with a lovely lovely head.

The other thing to bear in mind is this stallion has grade A, Advance and HOYS progeny and still stands at incredible value for money.

cundlegreen

Visit site
Kings Composer.A really good stamp of TB stallion with excellent feet, temperament to die for, and he was a good SJer himself and the pics of his offspring show that they all really make a shape over a fence. Hes got a Grade A in his stock plus lots of show horses. Springfield symphony is by him.

sywell

Visit site
Medoc is a stallion with great dressage and jumping and his progeny have excellent temprement. Succesful horses by Medoc include Red Baron and Piggy French's ride Overstones Matisse, 56 points this season from 0. Won last 2 open intermediates.

kerilli

Visit site
it depends a lot on what type of mare you have. there are some cracking stallions out there. i agree with Lec about Condios, i was read somewhere that he'll be "the next Cavalier", he doesn't have many offspring out yet (was too busy competing in Europe previously) but the ones he has are getting seriously good results. he has stunning conformation and apparently throws very trainable stock. i chose him for my mare.

collina

Visit site
Janette not riding him now this season he is been ridden by Samantha Hobbs according to BDWP. His dressage is good as is his cross country but not quite so good show jumping. He is really good temprement you could also look at King of the Hill.

dingle12

Visit site
Sam is Janettes head girl
smile.gif

rascal29

Visit site
REVOLUTION TB Advanced Event stallion has a fab temp.
His off springs are doing really well had winners at Bramham in hand classes 08,09. BEF Futurity at Richmond he got champion foal, 2yrs and 3yrs and yearling got Reserve in Eventing, Foal and 3yrs (SIR SUAVE) got Elite.
There is also His son SIR SUAVE who won at Bramham 08 and gain 1st Premium 07,08 and now Elite to finish(09).
cool.gif

charliebo

Visit site
Mill Law. Revolution. Primitive Star. Grannex. depening on the type of mare. All produce nice temperaments and are good types.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Revolution has some good stock who are performing in eventing - My Abalution and My Evolution.

scribble

Visit site
As you are in the west country have you looked at Foxcourt stud. have Fxocourt adante who is by Abraham and also Foxcourt Fabelhaft. I have just brought a 2 yr sold by fabelhaft and she is sooo chilled. Loretta Johsnson has a 4 yr old eventing by Fab and doing very well, very good temperments, lovely foals and good results competeing

pinktiger

Visit site
saw chilli morning at badminton parade, he was simply class, jumped, moved well, coped well with the atmosphere, had an imense presence!! AND breath taking gallop, if only i had a decent mare, thats one i would be using!!!! worth a look deffo!!!

maestro

www.westonstud.co.uk
My own Weston Justice is 3star advanced and graded, he seems to putting a very level trainable attitude on to many types. His stock are gaining 1st premiums are winning at county level and now are begining to achieve under saddle with both amateurs and pros.
It really depends on your mare and what you want to improve but most of all you must like what she is and be realistic in what want to acheive.
grin.gif

SueBrowne

Visit site
I am biased but would recommend Mill Law, not only is he advanced having reached this level by seven, but his offspring are also proving not just to be pretty faces but real competition prospects, he currently has at least two five year olds qualified for the BYEH final and three five year olds for the BEYH final, there was also a lovely picture of Cotton King winning the OI at Wilton in Eventing this month. He was also the sire of the British Eventing Best 4 and 6 yr olds last year, awards earned by their excellent competition results. Having already been crowned the winning stallion in the BEF Futurity in the past I won't harp on about those results. We are about to have the dilemma next year as to what eventing stallion to use on our homebred Mill Law mares that we want to breed from so I will watch this topic with interest

JuliaFSH

www.ipcmedia.com
... and last year's No.1 ranked Event stallion was Fleetwater Opposition - Future Illusion's sire.

The Futurity has grown massively over the last few years and now there are more stallions than ever who have the 3 or more scoring progeny required to get a ranking. It's great though to see most of the top slots in the Eventing Sire Rankings being filled by British bred stallions, not the highly marketed Continental ones... go British!!

sallyf

Visit site
Going slightly off topic here though(sorry OP)but the evaluation lists would probably be of more use if the results were split into age groups as there are quite a few stallions who have a lot of progeny forward and have done for a few years(mosty owned by the stallion owners) but they are generally only foals and occasional yearlings.
It would be nice to see if these particular stallions are still topping the lists for 2 and 3 year olds just to give an idea if the foals progress.
This isnt a dig at anyone just an observation but one i think could be a useful tool to breeders .

JuliaFSH

www.ipcmedia.com
I've asked Jan if it's possible to be able to click on stallions and see the progeny that make up their score so that you can see what age and discipline they were. I think she'd like to do it but it required development of the system and that means money. Also there's a risk of cross over with NED as obviously NED is selling this data whereas currently on the Futurity pages it's free.

Hopefully we will see more useful data next year, but I understand Jan's need to prioritise where money is spent and to balance the interests of the Futurity with NED.