eventing

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
i would like to get into eventing in the future like when i have a job or when im at uni (so a couple of years away at least)
and i was just wondering how you all got into it
what did you start off with? what did you make sure that you could do? im the sort that has to be jumping 1m before i will enter the clear round class lol
just wondering as my ultimate goal would be to go chatsworth or something similar

thanks

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Go to plenty of showjumping comps, dressage comps, and hunter trials. When you are happy at each discipline, start piecing them together- start with combined training (dressage and showjumping), and move on to mini ODEs (doesn't matter about the height- for your first event, you want to just take it all in and learn how it works before worrying about how big your jumping!), and then progess up
smile.gif

Good luck!

ajf

Visit site
If u can't do watch!!!
Go to events and either offer to help (ie jump judge) or find a friend who events (no matter what level) and offer to groom. The info u pick up without realising will come in handy in the future
Good luck

morgan4eva

Visit site
.......... Oh and dont forget to marry a very rich man who doesnt want to invest his money in anything remotely sensible.

CaleruxShearer

Visit site
Am waiting for the horse who will take me round 4* tracks and win them for me and also the very rich man to pay for it all
grin.gif

Would'nt say no to a ketterer, Oakley or Whittaker lorry either, come to think of it.

tongue.gif

grin.gif