ever tried these?

alfirules

Visit site
just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried these clippers?

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/ProductDetai...goryID=Clippers

i guess their probably cra*, but if you have any experience with them let me know. i might give them a go.

thanks
confused.gif
smile.gif

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
my grandad used to have some!! I did pilfer them years later for my pony but they didnt work. I would imagine they will work if kept very sharp but you couldnt cover much area with them.

Marnie

Visit site
I had some, but they never worked - I bought them for my clipper shy horse to do round her sensitive bits (most of her lol!) but they just chewed at the hair. her coat is quite coarse though.

eventrider23

Visit site
Have used them as a dare and yes they do do a good clip BUT beware that you will feel like your arm is going to drop off as your muscles ache soooooo much after. Also, I clip a lot of horses and can do 6-9 in a day if got a full day of clipping....it took 3 DAYS to full clip a horse with these as you can't keep going for too long due to muscle ache and at the end of the 3 days the clip has started to grow out and so it looks a bit odd

Natalie_H

Visit site
LMAO!!! The image of someone clipping a horse with them & they are just chewing at the hair - that is hilarious! Can't stop laughing!

alfirules

Visit site
i was going to give my horse a bib clip. do you think they would be alright for that? so its just the chest really. cant afford an expensive pair of clippers right now, LOL

eventrider23

Visit site
you could give it a go and see. Make sure he has had his chest/the clipping area washed and is really clean as the cleaner the coat the easier the blades will go through. IF you can get the hang of them they do an ok job. At the end of the day, they are what were used for years and years until someone invented electric ones!

Natalie_H

Visit site
Well they must have a place in the market or they would not sell them! Let me know how you get on if you do get them as I cannot afford electric ones either ATM.

clipertyplop

Visit site
save your money for another couple of weeks and pay somone to clip for you......i promise you if you buy these clippers you will waste your money

alfirules

Visit site
hmm... mixed replies. well thanks for your comments everyone. i might give them ago. pony hasnt been clipped for like 7 years, so he may be nervous about electric ones anyway. thanks again.
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
These clippers are alright for clipping around the face of nervous horses or possibly trimming feathers. To use these to try & clip an entire horse would be extremely lengthy & tiring. You'll end up with Repetative Strain Injury. I dread to think how long it will take to clip whole horse.

These must be kept extremely sharp otherwise you will be pulling the coat out by the roots. I may be giving my age away but I remember barbers using these to trim the necks of men.....they hurt like hell, pulled hair out in chunks. With these I believe the the negatives far outweigh the positives.

pagancluf

Visit site
YES..... My friend bought a pair to do his clipper phobic horse last year - DONOT BUY THEM - they wre CR*P and it took one hour to do his neck....; get a bit of sedation and do a full clip the normal way.... £10.00 or something etc - not worth it...