Everyone ready for fireworks night tonight?

MagicMelon

Visit site
My spooky horses will definately be coming in whilst our local firework display is going on. And Im shutting all the ponies into the yard so they cant thunder about with fences in the way...... Oh well, least where I am I can stay with the horses but watch the display (from a distance) at the same time! Just hope they dont have those stupid bangy ones this year....... Whats everyone else doing to prepare their horses?

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
We have had shoots going on the the ajoining land for the last couple of weeks so mine are pretty immune to bangs now! They don't bat an eyelid at the guns so I am hoping they will be the same with the fireworks

Happytohack

Visit site
Same here Tricksy - shooting by day and fireworks by night! Horses come in and go out as per normal and don't seem worried about any of it. I, on the other hand, am getting really fed up!

jj_87

Visit site
Mine have a radio on in their stables with the lights on and some cammonmile in their feeds lets hope its over and doesnt last all week!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Mine will be in there stables as they are stabled at night all year round, but apart from that i won't be doing anything different. We live on the edge of a large country estate so the horses are used to shooting parties coming up during the shooting season and i doubt there will be any really large organised displays around here... I really feel for people though whose horses do suffer over this period. It must be a complete nightmare!!

riotgirl

Visit site
Our village pub has their display tomorrow night, but we've had loads going off anyway! My Welshie seems ok providing I keep her plied with enough hay, and my old girl is as deaf as a post an oblivious to the whole thing!

pagancluf

Visit site
I was in a quandry wether to bring in or leave out - only 3 out of the 8 horses at yard would come in (the others are left out til last poss moment as hate mucking out!) but they are at opposite end of yard and may fret? Also is it better to leave out so can have a scamper around together? dnk..

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
we having some fireworks up the field tommroow, all will be in looking over stable door watching no doubt !!! Mine dont seem to fussed at all if fact enjoy watching them reminds me of the scnee out of babe when all the sheep are stood on hill watching going ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Having just ridden my mare tonight with a bonfire in the other field and the odd firework going off, i think she will be fine. didn't butt an eyelid!

jules9671

j666jwd.bebo.com
i have 2 at home, 3yr old mare who is quite happily eating her hay, 9yr old gelding who is box walking and staring out at the displays that are probably a couple of miles off, im keeping an eye on him but not much else you can do is there? i think he has led a sheltered life as he is quite spooky and im amazed at how calm the mare is with things while the boy is a pussy... but i love him

jinglejoys

Visit site
What's firework night? We have firework YEAR round here (Birthdays, weddings,New Years day,Christmas,Winter,Anniversaries--you name it and they'll find an excuse--and Countrywide Stores sell the darn things!)
My lot have never taken any notice.