Ex Racers Day Out!

ExRacers

Visit site
Last month the Scottish members of the ex racers club did a parade at Kelso racecourse to try & promote the fact that ex racehorses can & do have a life after racing. I took my 22yr old 17hh boy. He certainly knew this was different to a normal show day & was trembling with excitement!!

The horses were given racing numbered saddle cloths to wear & we walked & trotted round the parade ring whilst a commentary piece was read out about each horse's history. It was good fun, no one fell off & we are hoping to repeat the exercise next year to include a drille team display on the actual course!!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of him on the day!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/jacquibaird/KelsoParade-ME.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/jacquibaird/KelsoParadeGroup.jpg

Thanks for looking.
smile.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
He is gorgeous! and doesn't look over 10 yrs! I have two ex-racers do they do a similar thing in the NOttinghamshire area? ta honey

rcm_73

Visit site
He looks great! I bet the sight of the racecourse brought back some memories for him! My TB appears to have been in training but never raced, went onto showjumping.

ExRacers

Visit site
Thank you all for your nice comments!

To those with ex racers, these parades are held all over the country. You need to be a member of the ex racers club (one off joining fee of only £10.00 per horse). Go to www.horse-directory.co.uk/exracers.htm & click on the registration form for all the details.

Your horse need not have raced but must have been in training. You can also check this on www.racingpost.co.uk - click on main site & then enter your horse's racing name in the search box (top right). Weatherbys are also good for info too.

We really are trying to raise the profile of ex racehorses so please join! There is also an active forum at the ex racers club with very friendly members!! Hope to see you all there!!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
What a brilliant idea! Well done!
smile.gif

The racing industry does try to promote/assist with the promotion of race horses after the racetrack - they should do more of these around the country!
Kate x

pagancluf

Visit site
Thanks ex-racers - just logged myself on to be a member - all shows finished for year but will def try and go next year! Thanks for useful information.

Allykat

Visit site
Ahh that counts us out as my boy never trained....he doesn't even have a "posh" name
frown.gif

Thank you for the extra info though...I'll pass it on
laugh.gif