Ex sharer problems-advice please

fruity

Visit site
Don't know if i'm being silly feeling a little upset so hoping you guys will give me your views and advice on something.

Advertised my welsh cob for loan early summer and had a lovely lady originally from Finland ring up and was ideal,fell in love with my boy and he got on well with her,we both went to sp rides together,hacked out together (i have more than one horse) and we became really good friends,she ended up buying a few things for my chap even though i told her she didn't have to and to save her money etc.
In july she told me she liked my boy so much she was keen to full loan with a view to buy (still kept at my yard) she was very commited to him until november when she went on holiday,when she came back she wasn't the same person (her mum died when she was young and has had personal probs on and off in the past) she rode once (on that day she said in Jan 2012 she'd have to give him up as her OH needed a knee op and it was going to cost ££) and then i didn't here anything from her (tried texting/ringing as was worried about her as she often rang me in tears as her OH was mean to her,i was always there to lend a ear or take her out and cheer her up) finally got a facebook msg in mid dec saying sorry she hadn't been in touch but she had been unwell (she normally always responded to a text at least) said hope she was ok and asked when she could ride etc as needed to sort horse out and find out what she could do re riding etc. Heard nothing again til the other week on FB again,she pm'd me a rather nasty message about a photo i'd used of hers which was of my horses,i genuinely didn't know it was one she took as it was in my photo album on my comp and apoligised,she was still offish and was so taken back.
I then receive a msg today saying she wants me to leave her stuff out at the yard this weekend for her to come and collect and has listed the items (rugs,pessoa,girth,bridle) now am i being out of order not to put them out,i had to pay for his shoeing (£65) that she should of paid for and the feed also that he had etc (for 2 mths),i feel like i've been bullied and let down and the micky completely taken out of me and am now never going to get that close with a sharer again.

skint1

Visit site
I agree with darkhorse123, it isn't fair but it isn't worth arguing over either and it sounds like she is a bit unhinged

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You've had since November to sort this out by the sounds of it, and I can't imagine why you didn't consider the loan terminated after she vanished....

You've had a bit of a rotten experience. But at the end of the day the care of the horse is your responsibility - as are all associated costs.

Just leave her stuff out for her.

fruity

Visit site
That's what i was going to do,just wanted to know was i being out of order feeling it was a little unfair! Would rather her have the stuff back than deal with her,she is a little bit bitter about life in general really and i know i'm not the one to make her like that. Something did click with me when her OH said once that she can't keep any friends (did wonder to myself) especially girls.

fruity

Visit site
You've had since November to sort this out by the sounds of it, and I can't imagine why you didn't consider the loan terminated after she vanished....

You've had a bit of a rotten experience. But at the end of the day the care of the horse is your responsibility - as are all associated costs.

Just leave her stuff out for her.

Had obviously tried contacting her to sort it out,and obviously moved on and excepted she wasn't worth dealing with,just a little pieved that she contacts me when she wants something! I know full well that at the end of the day he's my horse and my costs!

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
People are strange I would give her back her stuff and not contact her again it is her loss as she was on a good thing with you. You sound nice so don't let it get you down she has problems and best you don't get involved

maresmaid

Visit site
I agree with the above posters. Leave her stuff out and try not to dwell on what happened, she clearly has problems and probably isn't seeing things quite in the same way as most people would - but it's her problem not yours. You've been a good friend to her, but now you just need to move on, and put it all down to experience.

EllenJay

Visit site
I agree with the above posters. Leave her stuff out and try not to dwell on what happened, she clearly has problems and probably isn't seeing things quite in the same way as most people would - but it's her problem not yours. You've been a good friend to her, but now you just need to move on, and put it all down to experience.

Exactly - but I would also get her to sign for her stuff - you do not want her to get back in contact in a few weeks saying that you have kept some of her things.

Mark it up as a lesson - but do not be afraid of getting to close to a sharer again. One of my best friends is an ex sharer.

Capriole

Visit site
I wouldnt leave the stuff out for her.

Too much risk of something happening to it, it getting pinched, her taking it then saying she hasnt had it (any of it/some of it/all of it). Have her come and collect it when you can hand it over and make sure she agrees everything is there.

In fact, as EllenJay says, get her to sign for it. Then no crazee comebacks at a later date ;)