Excellent Eland!

jess_asterix

Visit site
So we finally got our first run of the season in the 100 at Eland on Sunday. We had very sociable times to with dressage not until 11:30 so plenty of time to get there and walk the course (with little 6yo sister in tow so took a bit longer!!)

Got him ready went over to the dressage warmup conscious of how muddy it was and how well he has been working at home with no silly behaviour so gave myself 35 mins (he was having 1hr + last season) by the end he felt more than ready to go in, he had relaxed over his back and was really working around my leg, walk was a little tense but it always is and we havn't been on grass since October or done dressage.

Over to the arena and he got a bit tense but I managed to gain composure before we went in and he did a nice test, at time I thought a little tight through the back where he wasn't keen on the ground and after a out FWLR, MW, WT instead of trotting he popped into cantered (for the 3rd time in this test!!!! I hate 106!! ) quickly corrected and off we went. He felt really solid in the rest of his work though!

12472_10151328652676755_1487727321_n.jpg

554882_10151328652721755_2013894957_n.jpg

Walked the SJ, nothing that should be a problem. Had a brief warm up with a near collision with a slightly out of control pony and he was pinging. Went in and jumped a lovely clear round, no problems there :D

10011_10151328653021755_1857310193_n.jpg

524321_10151328653111755_855408976_n.jpg

Onto the fun bit, I was shocked at this point how chilled he had been all day and was slightly worried, well as soon as we got to the start box he was spinning, cantering on the spot and generally knew what was coming!!! :D Love him!

Flew out the start box over 1 and 2 which were simple, down the hill to 3 before the water and steadied a little as it was muddy, flew through the water and splashed our way out with us both getting water in our face. Over 5 a simple box and up to, 6 a log under a tree, off we went up the hill and through the woods (I'm sure they get twistier everytime!) Over 7 on a bit of a long one, into the woods and through the sunken road at 8, not a problem came back to me nicely and popped a nice stride in.
Onto 9 the greengrocers, he was pulling down the hill but jumped nicely and then flew over 10 the pheasant feeder. Onto the trakehner and I'm pretty sure he didn't notice it, up the hill rather quickly as he was KEEN! down the steps not an issue and onto the water, flew over the boat and launched into the water, then we saw a nice forward one to the arrowhead just after.

Onto the broken bridge and he just did his thing, next up was the house, he was flying up the hill and the undulating ground adjusted our stride slightly so a bit of a deep one but not a prob, off up the hill we went flew the brew and a nice one to the last meant a double clear at our first event of the season!! :D Happy horse, happy rider! :)

524123_10152695347595316_922880688_n.jpg

526647_10151328653186755_448755243_n.jpg

12496_10151328653716755_656957577_n.jpg

541810_10151328653516755_611652631_n.jpg

Found out i got a 24 dressage!!!!!!!! Personal Best :D

I would have been 2nd but we were enjoying ourselves that much I got 2 too fast TPs, never mind at least I know the time at Novice shouldn't be too much of an issue! He didn't even come back sweating either which makes me happy as I put alot of work into his fitness! We came 5th though so not too bad at all :D

[youtube]sVIQs6WdBjE[/youtube]

BUT.....The BEST part of the day was the fact MAry King was parked next to us and my little sister had been asking if she could say hello all day and I said not until she has finished, well as we were leaving she had just finished so I allowed her to.

Mary was so lovely, she not only had a photograph but also signed her postacrds and wrote her a message as well as inviting us into her lorry (which my sister now wants!) she has made my sisters year, she is completely starstruck and she was so kind.
521914_10151328416316755_577725292_n.jpg

Essay over, no food on offer as I am on a diet!

Last edited:

lindsayH

Visit site
Well done! He looks like a super horse.

How lovely of MK, after a long day too I'm sure - she's so kind. Your sister is super cute! I don't remember mine ever being that cute :-D

katia

Visit site
Fab report and well done!!
Your little sister is very cute :) Mary also had time to make my grizzly teenage daughter grin like she was 3 again....

558550_10151444235334633_1517738890_n.jpg

mil1212

Visit site
Love the photo out of the water, his ears and feet are so cute! What is your bridle? The noseband is an unusual shape, like it!
Brilliant photos with Mary, is there a nicer person?!

jess_asterix

Visit site
fab report! You and herbie are flying now! Well done :) good prep for GR

Thank you :) Yes just need to go a bit slower as we are only doing the 90 there!

Well done!!

How lovely is Mary king?! :)

Thanks :) She is, it was so refreshing to see a pro take their time out to make fans happy especially after a long day.

Love the photo out of the water, his ears and feet are so cute! What is your bridle? The noseband is an unusual shape, like it!
Brilliant photos with Mary, is there a nicer person?!

I know he's a cutie although we both got a face full of water lol. It's a Mark Todd bridle, really smart and wasn't too expensive either!
I don't think there is!!

Well done, what a great start to the season, fantastic :D

How lovely is Mary King :)

Thanks, hopefully it will continue!

Great report! Oh I love him, he makes it look effortless!

And what a cute photo at the end :D

Thank you, it does all feel abit effortless too him! Time to step it up!

Excellent start to the season! Well done :)

Lovely photo with Mary too - bet your sister was absolutely thrilled :D

Thanks, she was over the moon, she didn't stop smiling all the way home!

Well done! He looks like a super horse.

How lovely of MK, after a long day too I'm sure - she's so kind. Your sister is super cute! I don't remember mine ever being that cute :-D

He is rather fab! I'm very lucky! She is very kind and yes sister is a major cutie, love her to bits!

Congrats! He looks like he LOVES xc :D

That's an understatement, spent all those years SJ when he loves XC so much!

What a brill report - well done!

And just love the pic at the end, MK is always so smiley :D

Thank you, she is it makes a refreshing change from some of the pro's.

Fab report and well done!!
Your little sister is very cute :) Mary also had time to make my grizzly teenage daughter grin like she was 3 again....

558550_10151444235334633_1517738890_n.jpg

Thank you :) I was going to have a piccy but thought I would let little sis instead!

Well done novice will be v easy. Think Mary is one of the nicest people on the circuit.

Hopefully, I'm really looking forward to something a bit more challenging now!

Well done!
Herbie looks absolutely fantastic XC, he is seriously flying. A lovely dressage test too.

When do you think you'll step up to Novice?

Thanks, he was flying abit too quick!! We are doing our first Novice on 11th May at Llanymynech as we have to wait until after the GR.

vicky86

Visit site
Congratulations. More of a lurker than a poster but your posts always catch my eye so thought i should stop lurking and start posting :) fabulous horse and you look like a really solid, harmonious parternership. Look forward to reading future posts.

katia

Visit site
If I'm honest I was enviousof my daughter!! Mary is so sweet, clearly had a long and busy day but acted as though she had all of the time in the world to chat to us!!
I think I saw you finishing your fab xc round, look forward to seeing more of your posts. Good luck with your first novice, he looks like he'll sail through it :)

Firewell

Visit site
woweee fab dressage score! You both look like you had so much fun, he's a very handsome boy! Your little sister is so cute! Mary King looks such a nice lady, although how could she not be nice to your sister! :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Wow, looking great in all those photos - what a dude :)

Bless your little sister and Mary King - how lovely!

EmmaB

Visit site
Well done! Think I saw your showjumping, recognise the green on the saddlecloth haha, was probably the nicest round I saw! I actually asked my friend why my sj rounds are never as calm and fluent as yours was!! :eek:

jess_asterix

Visit site
super result! and how lovely of mary :)

Thank you :)

Congratulations. More of a lurker than a poster but your posts always catch my eye so thought i should stop lurking and start posting :) fabulous horse and you look like a really solid, harmonious parternership. Look forward to reading future posts.

Thank you, that's very nice of you. I really feel like we are working together now so it's nice that it shows :)

If I'm honest I was enviousof my daughter!! Mary is so sweet, clearly had a long and busy day but acted as though she had all of the time in the world to chat to us!!
I think I saw you finishing your fab xc round, look forward to seeing more of your posts. Good luck with your first novice, he looks like he'll sail through it :)

She did, there was no trying to get rid of us! Thank you, hopefully we will :)

Fab report and Mary is just wonderful :)

woweee fab dressage score! You both look like you had so much fun, he's a very handsome boy! Your little sister is so cute! Mary King looks such a nice lady, although how could she not be nice to your sister! :)

Thanks, I was very shocked when I saw it!! WE did have a lot of fun and that's what it's all about!

Wow, looking great in all those photos - what a dude :)

Bless your little sister and Mary King - how lovely!

Thanks he is super cool!

Wow! Fantastic results!

That picture with Mary deffo needs to go on display somewhere :)

Thanks, it is going in a frame with the 2 signed postcards she gave her too x

ah got to love MK! :D

but brilliant report, well done - lovely photos :)

I know it's hard not to with her being so amazing and lovely at the same time! Thank you :)

I took the photo of you in the water, here are the others that I took

Thank you so much for the photos they are fantastic!!!

Wonderful photos, the water ones made me smile as my cob struggles walking through a puddle.:rolleyes:

They are wonderful aren't they!! I know the feeling I've got one that won't go within 20 metres of water!!

Well done! Think I saw your showjumping, recognise the green on the saddlecloth haha, was probably the nicest round I saw! I actually asked my friend why my sj rounds are never as calm and fluent as yours was!! :eek:

Thank you. Yes my green does stand out! That's very kind of you!!