Excellent service, happy YorksG

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
A bit of back story :-
Sis bought her draught mare about five years ago and has had to use four different saddles on her, finally resorting to yet another old one we had, with a front riser pad.
My Appy came to us ten years ago with a grotty 16 inch saddle, since then she has had a saddle company saddle and a Jeffries, both of which have needed re-fitting, she has only ever managed a 16 1/2 inch saddle, which given I am 5'6", with most of my height in my legs, is a bt of a compromise.
We have two youngsters to bring on, complete with saddle fitting. The Appy is a sensetive soul and we do not want anything to put her off her ridden career.

Sooooo we decided that the answer would be treeless, but I want to show the Appy's, so the saddle needs to look traditional

After much research and contacting a couple of companies, we are now the proud owners of two solution saddles :) :) :)
The company have been super helpful and their rep (Emily) has been great, the first fitting went a bit pear shaped, the big mare had a poorly eye and the older Appy tweaked a hock! There was a bit of a delay for the second one to be made, but boy was it worth it!

The piggy bank is a bit on the thin side now, but the whole experience has been wonderful and the saddles are truely beautful :)
So a big thumbs up to Solution and Emily :)

Last edited:

YorksG

Visit site
Glad you're pleased with your new saddles, even if it's just baked beans for the humans for a while :).

Is the general idea that the saddle is set up for the rider, and then shimmed to fit different horses?

Yes that's pretty much it :) The Draught mare needs two thick and one thin dorsal pad and the ridden appy needs two thin ones (they are 22 and 19 respectively) the youngsters may need front little shims when they start ridden work. Both sis and I can ride in them both, but she will use one more than the other and vice versa (if you see what I mean) :)

Nt9

Visit site
Oooooooohhhhhhh where abouts in Yorkshire are you I'm just going down the same route and they have been uber helpful for me to. Currently have a saddle on hire which is a great idea and gives me a chance to really assess if it's right. Do you have any pictures of your horses in them? Cheers

YorksG

Visit site
Oooooooohhhhhhh where abouts in Yorkshire are you I'm just going down the same route and they have been uber helpful for me to. Currently have a saddle on hire which is a great idea and gives me a chance to really assess if it's right. Do you have any pictures of your horses in them? Cheers
We're in Huddersfield, no pictures yet, but hope to get some tomorrow, weather permitting. :)

ozpoz

Visit site
ooh, YorksG, you do know there is no going back? : )

I had my new horse fitted with a Solution saddle on Tuesday. It isn't my first one, but I feel comfortable and secure in them and I know the horse is comfortable too. I had a similar good fitting experience with a different person, though.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.