Excessive Smega Production - Causes?

missmatch

Visit site
Sorry for the delay in updating and Thank you for the pm reminder. He went to the hospital and I genuinely dont feel like anything was achieved. The vets have said everything is down to larval cyathostomosis, but, this doesnt sit well with me. When this started over 6 months ago, there was no indication of any red worm problems. That began in January. He is to be worked, get some weight off him and see how he goes. Bloods taken have shown anaemia now - he is on a supplement for this. He has never been anaemic before. His sheath is still swollen, the swelling is still into his belly and it feels horrible lumpy. Hes also very grumpy about it now. I wish I could update with a diagnosis or at least a way forward but I am no nearer than I was. He is still getting bouts of horrible diarrhoea too.

lizbet

Visit site
So frustrating.Could be lot worse i suppose. Keep pushing if your not happy you know your horse the best.wishing you the best.keep us all informed.It would seem quiet a few are following his progress.x

shergar

Visit site
Anaemia is always secondary to some thing else blood loss, worms ,ulcers ,diet , ect, have look on Google.
Fingers crossed you find the cause ,he sounds very special .

katpower

Visit site
I suspect he has something really not right going on his gut, and the sheath is secondary to that.
Could you put him on a course of ulcer treatment, just to see if there's any improvement at all?