Excitable Showjumping

FinkleyGladiator

Visit site
Did some showjumping tonight in our jumping paddock. Finny had about 1/2 of last week off cause he cut his leg then went really lame. Long story short he had bruised himself and the vet just thought he was just being a bit of a wimp!!!

So anywho jumped him last night for the first time in about a month (our jumping field only went up the day he went lame
mad.gif
). I schooled him and then to finish we jumped 3 of the fences. We were only jumping 80cmish and he was good but a little strong.

Tonight I did exactly the same thing but put the fences up to about 1.05-1.10 and did the whole course. He strong but was going really close to the wings and taking over
crazy.gif
!!! He did jump some of them nicely but was jumping like he used to when we did classes that were "below him"! I dont really want to jump much bigger yet cause hes only 13.3!! It may have been my confidence as I've never jumped a course that size before. Ive only just changed his bit to a french link full cheek snaffle and dont really want to change it to anything harsher cause he went through all kinds of strong bits and then i jumped him in a snaffle by accident and he was fab. He wasnt wearing his grackle either so it may have been that.

So is there any chance i could have any of that famous HHO wisdom cause ive got pc team showjumping on saturday and dont want to make a t*t of myself!!

Sorry this was a bit of a whine but normally hes perfect!

FinkleyGladiator

Visit site
Thanks ill give that ago..he can be a bit silly if he thinks they arent big enough for him! He is quite arrogant for a fluffy little pony!!
smile.gif