Video Exciting Future plans....

BunnyDog

Visit site
Some exciting news.... We are going to take Cudo to a week long show at the Kentucky Horse Park at the end of July/beginning of August. The upside is that there is a 1.30 class every day. And some 1.35's as well. So we are looking to get a ton of experience and all but 1 day will be a course in the Rolex Stadium. So lots of atmosphere (Though early in the am and no one in the stadium but the place has a huge presence to it on it's own) and the courses are longer and require a good bit of fitness so Cudo is getting back on the more trot sets, hills and gallops routine.

It's a regular show in Kentucky, not exactly anything that's a big deal or fancy, but it will be good to go and have an intensive week of doing our job. And then he'll probably get a week off to recover. It's 9 hours away by car so that'll be a hike but we can keep him at a farm nearby where he can have some turnout and rest with a fan during the day. So he won't be subjected to staying in a 12 x 12 box for 6 days without any turnout. This is not my first time riding at the horse park, but it will be my first time in the Rolex Stadium.

John and I will do some vacation type things while we're there. Go see some stud farms, tour a couple bourbon distilleries and the like. So it should be a nice 'show-cation'.

Here's a round of Boyd Martin's from 2 years ago doing one of the open 1.30 classes in the Rolex Stadium at this show so you can see what I mean about the courses:

So 7 weeks to go and we are working on more fitness and more hind end strength.

Also we have another Twilight Jumper show on 6/21 and then I might sneak another show in before we head to Kentucky. Just not sure where.

Em

j1ffy

Visit site
Sounds amazing! I love reading about how well you and Cudo are doing, he seems to be everything you dreamed of when you started your horse search.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I know that area quite well and have been to the horse park many times .
That sounds like a great week .
The main stadium is amazing .
Good luck with your preparation and I look forward to hearing how it goes .