Exciting Weekend Plans!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I know it's early for you lot in the NH, but it's Thursday arvo here and I have exciting plans.

Henry and I are off eventing for the first time! We have done plenty of training and some may say we are over prepared but rather than being overly nervous I am excited so it was worth the prep. I am just hoping for a nice steady weekend, just hope he's not too happy about the dressage warm up and the rest of the weekend will go smoothly from there (I hope!).

I know the jumps will look tiny, since we are just out competing at EvA65 but I want it to be an easy, confidence giving experience for us both. I can't wait.

Hope everyone else has a good one!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
That sounds v exciting AE, hope you have a great time x
Hacking and paddock schooling tomorrow.
Saturday am going to RC SJ clinic, B Fuzzys 1st one in ages, so after our little (very little) cr last Sunday following my bitting changes, I'm hoping she might be more controllable :)
Hacking again on Sunday unless I can persuade a friend to come xc schooling with me.
Hope those competing have a good time :)

oldie48

Visit site
Sadly no, I'm still not well and Rose is with my trainer as I can't ride and it's not a good idea to leave her standing in a field doing nothing. Looking forward to feeling better and having her back home again, whe always feels amazing when she's been away for some schooling.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I'm FINALLY getting out eventing after spending the season so far scoring, secretary-ing and not being able to compete for various reasons on the few weeks that hasn't been the case...
I am pretty terrified as its the first time on current horse for me (not for him, he's an old pro - not sure if that makes it easier or harder on the nerves!)

I had a jump lesson last night & i'm off for a quick XC school this evening just to check the jumping into water and how extravagantly he'll balloon a ditch - took aback a bit the few times I have XC on him as he launched over ditches like a 5yo, not the 14yo schoolmaster he's supposed to be (!) - so I want to have another wee practice first.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sorry you're still not well o48 :( how rubbish.

bit of a slow burner, this weekend for us. Darcy has the excitement of his 2nd flu jab this afternoon :p
Then probably bit more hacking practice, he was a bit keen on his first outing on Tuesday, not spooky at all but I wasn't really in control!

Then it all gets busy - Kira has a show on Tuesday, another bash at Inter1 and we will see if the judge's sheds are still terrifying :rolleyes:
Then lesson first thing Wednesday, and Wednesday afternoon having a first practice with our new Pas de Deux partner. Busy couple of days for the short pink one, better shovel the oats in ;)

Asha

Visit site
Good luck AE , that’s sounds very exciting. I wish I was brave enough to try that .
Sorry to hear you are unwell Oldie48, hope you are better soon .
Wow MP , that sounds very posh . No idea what it is , but it sounds amazing 😜

I’m a bit excited, as Pip and I are doing our first BD tests . We are even attempting a long arena one . So as we’ve never ridden in a long arena we are popping over to our instructors today for a quick whizz around hers .

Pippity

Visit site
Hopefully heading to the pub this evening (on horseback, so it counts!); physio visit Friday am to see if she thinks the bute trial has made a difference; lesson Friday pm. Sunday, hacking down to some unaffiliated SJ with a yard buddy to introduce Blue to exciting sights and sounds without the pressure of actually competing.

Re the bute trial, there's definitely been some improvement over the past week, but I'm not sure whether that's due to the bute or due to working her more consistently. She comes off the bute on Saturday, so I'll see if she deteriorates or keeps improving and take it from there.

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck AE - I'm sure you'll do great, better to be over prepared than under!

Good luck to you too sportsmanB- where are you headed?

Sounds like a lot of fun MP! Good luck with the inter!

Not too much for us, M was a bit 'off' when I rode him Sunday, thankfully he was already booked in for physio Tuesday anyway. He had a slight strain in the lumbar area which was making him tight in the opposite thoracic area.

He loves the physio, tells her where to massage next, he moves so she is in the right place then he starts pawing the ground when he wants her to stretch his front legs out. Very cute lol

He got a gentle lunge last night and he was a little bit stiff but was ok by the end, another light lunge this morning and he was moving very well. Will do a bit of in hand lateral work this eve and then should be ok for a bit of light schooling and hacking at the weekend.

I have a lesson with pammy Hutton on weds - scared!

sportsmansB

Visit site
Ooh a Pammy lesson Wheels- would be keen to hear how that goes!
Who does your physio?
I'm off to Vesey Lodge. Not a fan of the early lane crossing fence or the skeleton in the coffin (!) but keep telling myself that my horse doesn't know about them, so I need to just crack on.
Heading for a spin round Dukes tonight to try and boost my cross country confidence and remind him what its all about. I don't think missing the first half of the season so that I could do the scoring has bothered him one bit...

ihatework

Visit site
Good luck everyone!

Big fella went for an Adam lesson yesterday, he hasn’t seen him for the best part of a year so the difference was noticeable!! Spent the session doing lots and lots and lots of back & forth sitting transitions, really getting him using his bum!

Big guy has 6 weeks off eventing so nothing for him this weekend, although he may go and jump a newcomers next week.

Excitingly, the FEI paperwork has just been posted 😱

Me, well I’m hopping on a plane for a few days in Tuscany with some classical dressage lessons thrown in for good measure!

Chippers1

Visit site
No real plans for me, crop fields have been cut so using every opportunity to go in them before they are ploughed!
Need to book my box in for an MOT (dread) so will do that hopefully soon.
In other news, I have just booked a trail riding holiday to Canada instead of the holiday I was going to go on with my ex, how exciting :)

Wheels

Visit site
Ooh a Pammy lesson Wheels- would be keen to hear how that goes!
Who does your physio?
I'm off to Vesey Lodge. Not a fan of the early lane crossing fence or the skeleton in the coffin (!) but keep telling myself that my horse doesn't know about them, so I need to just crack on.
Heading for a spin round Dukes tonight to try and boost my cross country confidence and remind him what its all about. I don't think missing the first half of the season so that I could do the scoring has bothered him one bit...

Ooh skeletons in the coffin doesn't sound nice at all! Sure you'll do great :)

I use Katie wray as a physio, M loves her and she always seems to find issues and make improvements.

I'll report back about the pammy lesson

Asha

Visit site
haha! it's like pairs dressage to music :p

Enjoy the long arena... I really prefer them, the tests tend to me more interesting and less cramped :)

Now that is cool ! with an added benefit - if you forget the test you can follow the other person :D Will look forward to those photos !

Sprat

Visit site
Good luck to all competing this weekend - Wheels I'm very jealous, I'd love a Pammy lesson! Oldie, hope you're feeling better soon

We are off to dressage camp this weekend, which after a rough couple of weeks is what I need. Looking forward to spending a bit of quality time with the nag and being able to switch my brain off from daily life, and hopefully have a giggle at the same time

Denbob

Visit site
Good luck all, looking forward to reading lots of reports next week :)

Another quiet weekend for D while we wait for saddle fitter, this weeks pole clinic he was a little bit reluctant to move through his shoulders and did have a bit of a wobbly so hoping it's just a case of youngster too big for his boots (and saddle!) - will try and do some long-reining over ditches and logs in the XC field to keep his brain busy.

scats

Visit site
Off to dressage on Sunday with Millie. I’ve not done much riding over the last couple of weeks so we will be slightly winging it, but it will be a nice test outing for my new dressage saddle if nothing else!

Had such a busy week, but today I passed my first practical dog grooming assessment! So pleased! 7 days left and 2 assessments to go...!

I do need to start thinking about getting the garage converted aswell, as I will be running the business from home.

little_critter

Visit site
Test riding practice on Saturday (after last nights session I think we need to practice the fundamentals rather than a test but ho-hum)
Then we might to to gatcombe on Sunday.

Bernster

Visit site
Great to hear that a few folks are heading out for things this weekend. AE, I think that sounds like a really good way to approach it. I’m more likely to over prepare than under prepare for events but I think it helps to manage my confidence and nerves.

Another quiet one for me. Have lost my riding mojo a bit and out of the rhythm of it all so I’m having a quiet July and August and planning to pick it up again in Sept. F gets exercised 4 times a week even if I don’t ride and I am down 1/2 a week so he’s fine and ticking over.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Lots of people doing TREC this weekend. I was out riding a route for a TREC I'm tracing for the other day. And wasn't that fun. *drips with sarcasm*

Still, it was better than yesterday when Fergs got a kicking from our hacking buddy and my wheelbarrow was nicked from my field - and, weirdly, one of the six mouldy bales of straw which are targets in my field... why would anyone steal one mouldy straw bale?!

I'm not in the best mood this weekend...

Reacher

Visit site
I’m having a little Xc session tonight - to remind him of his manners! Then flatwork session tomorrow and entered local RC working Hunter show on Sunday. I’m sleeping badly at minute (nothing new there) and not really feeling up to any of it!
The show on Sunday is the one I entered 12 months ago where he beggared off with me - I put the grisly evidence up on a WWYD thread - let’s see if we manage to behave ourselves on Sunday! (I’ll report back if we do, and slink off with my tail between my legs if we don’t!)
Have a good weekend everyone

Alibear

Visit site
My exciting plans have happened already but this is a safe place and its sort of a weekend update, so I hope you can forgive me.
Wednesday was a big day for me.

I had a lesson and rode a 1/2 canter pirouette on an exceptional clever reining horse, only my lack of skill and leg power stopped it being a full one :D Its the equivalent of having a lesson on a GP schoolmaster so much fun.
The vet scanned Daisys pastern and pronounced it healing exceptionally well, to the point that once she's had her foal and its been weaned they see no reason we can't resume ridden work! Well baring any more accidents on Daisy's part.
She has got another month on box rest, but now with sessions on the horse walker and then 2 months restricted turn out and then she's can be out with the other mares.

Plus I have put a deposit down on this very pretty 3 year old.
csmall.jpg

So I will need some help on how to keep 2 horses for the price of 1. Plus how to get hubby happy with the thought of me doing DIY or at least part livery instead of full.
I am excited but very much tinged with apprehension as to how I'm going to manage this. But as I'm keen to keep riding and progressing, I need to do it.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh wow, that's brilliant.

Meh, 2 horses is nothing. If you'd like him to speak to my OH to put things into perspective, let me know :p

Seriously I think the key is a bit of investment so you have the kit you need to make yard chores easy and efficient, and then being well organised. when can you tell us more about the 3yo? ;)