Exercise sheets - what size?

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
Appologies if this has been asked before but I'm new here and I've only posted a couple of times...

I'm trying to buy my horse a couple of exercise sheets on Ebay and I'm getting confused about sizes. Her stable/turnout rugs are all size 5'9... so what size exercise sheet should I be bidding on?

A lot of people selling 4'6 exercise sheets say they fit 15.1 to 15.2 horses. Now this would be my mare... she is a lightweight TB type small 15.2

But I've also seen 4'6 exercise sheets labled as 'small pony' size and one lady said that you take 2' off the size of a normal rug to get exercise sheet size... which would mean my horse would take a 3'9???

I'm getting so many mixed messages! And don't even get me started on the people who've moved into decimalisation LOL!

Can anyone advice me on how I work out what size my horse should be (based on her standard rug size of 5'9) and how exercise sheets are measured?

many thanks!

UKa

community.webshots.com
I am not sure anymore how you calculate it, but my girl wears a 4'6 exercise sheet but her rugs are either 6 or 6'3 - she is also a fine built TB with quite a long back though; nice horsey you have by the way!

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
Thanks everyone, the size guide was really helpful actually. Turns out 4'6 is probably going to be correct.

I will measure her at some point but I'm not allowed to drive yet (fracture spine coming off youngster 3 weeks ago) so my trips to the yard are heavily dependant on my parents at the moment
crazy.gif