Exercise Sheets

Tabsmadsrose

New User
Visit site
So I may just be being really dumb here, but I’m a bit confused with how ride on exercise sheet actually go onto the horse.

I know most now have a hole for the saddle (like the yellow photo) and that makes sense, but what about when they don’t have a hole? (Like the blue photo.)

Does this go under the saddle? Under saddle pad? Between saddlepad and saddle? No Saddlepad?! There are too many options...

Neither of the photographed ones are mine, I have one similar to the blue and one that is fleecy/wool, also in the ‘straight no hole’ shape. They came with my horse so never got instructions!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3692D874-48BB-4FAF-8B34-4124A3C84A6C.jpeg
    3692D874-48BB-4FAF-8B34-4124A3C84A6C.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
  • D99372A8-FBD8-4696-9DBD-AE8799FA676E.jpeg
    D99372A8-FBD8-4696-9DBD-AE8799FA676E.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0

Mule

Visit site
I think the sheet goes under the saddle and the saddle pad goes directly under the saddle so the sheet would be under both. (I think)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I find that the type like the blue one will pull down on the wither, and you can't take it off in a collecting ring as you have to remove the saddle. It usually sits straight on the horse's back so will need more frequent washing, and therefore won't stay waterproof.

The yellow type fit nicer, I find they fit best with the back of the hole sandwiched between saddle and numnah, the rest of the sheet goes under the saddle flaps. The fronts do not seem to pull down and you can whip them off without dismounting if either you have a quiet horse or an assistant. They don't touch the horse anywhere meaningful, so I only wash at the end of the season before storage. I have had one for 6 years now, still waterproof.

Tabsmadsrose

New User
Visit site
Thank you all! I thought at first that they did go under everything but was worried about it rubbing.

- Red-Nose, I don’t compete so taking it off quickly won’t be an issue! Thank you for the note about slipping at the withers, that’s definitely something to keep in mind.

Think I need to invest in one with a hole and Velcro for next winter, seems much easier 😁

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
So I may just be being really dumb here, but I’m a bit confused with how ride on exercise sheet actually go onto the horse.

I know most now have a hole for the saddle (like the yellow photo) and that makes sense, but what about when they don’t have a hole? (Like the blue photo.)

Does this go under the saddle? Under saddle pad? Between saddlepad and saddle? No Saddlepad?! There are too many options...

Neither of the photographed ones are mine, I have one similar to the blue and one that is fleecy/wool, also in the ‘straight no hole’ shape. They came with my horse so never got instructions!

Thanks!
With the blue type we used to put the saddle on top and then fold up the front corners so they sat under the girth straps at the top. Sometimes the loop to put the girth through made the fit a little tight. This way it was secured when the girth was done up. See photo: https://www.google.com/search?q=fol...EKHVl1DOAQ9QEwBHoECAYQDA#imgrc=72DCm83b5iUHBM:

I have a wrap around one which I put under the saddle flap and then it does over the wither. see photo https://www.google.com/search?q=fol...EKHVl1DOAQ9QEwBHoECAYQDA#imgrc=uetMJBE6TLSpQM: