Exmoor mare up for grabs.

Fransurrey

Visit site
OK, so not really. It was her first ride out since Christmas, due to snow and ice, so I half expected her to be extra nervy (she's early in her ridden career, just getting her streetwise and confident alone).

Little cow was looking for things to run away from. Logs, branches, big stones, puddle, mud. All out to get her. A tractor came along the byway (thank God I was at the wide point and put her right at the far side) and she went into meltdown. Started to get dizzy with the spins and airs above the ground. To be fair, she's never seen a tractor running, before.

She actually settled a bit after that, until we tried for a trot near home and she shot backwards at a large piece of fek all (hurrah for a sticky bum - secretly chuffed). Assume it was light shining off a parked car on the byway, but still. Told her to effin man up at that point! Don't know who was more relieved to get back. Me or she!

*off to call Spanish Riding School - I want a ploddy pony, not a shrunken racehorse*

cambrica

Visit site
LoL :D My Welshies can be just the same. JCB's, Tractors, milk tanker lorry, no problems. The water board paint a blue cross on a drain cover :eek: Obviously it means something completely different in horsey language.

Goodshipblossom

Visit site
Ooo blue cross scarreeeeeey. TBF, the biggest spook mine had was at this just unbelievably scary, intimidating, frightening pony-eating gap in the hedge.

Antw23uk

Visit site
First hack of the year today onmy new mare and apparently wood pigeons and lambs are out to kill and eat bay thoroughbred mares!!!! :rolleyes:

Im also pleased with my velcro butt as well :D