Experience with lami?

lochpearl

Visit site
done. just to say tho that the vets and farriers went over the call of duty for me and were brilliant, we devised strict instructions and I stuck to them and he is now in full work :)

griffin2727

Visit site
Done.mare recovered after 18 months off work thanks to vet and barefoot trimmer and removing all traces of sugar molasses and chemicals from her feed. Really surprised how many hard feeds recommend for lami horse contain these. Just so happy to still have her when the initial outlook was so bleak.

canteron

Visit site
Done, but would like to emphasis that reoccurrent laminitis is often a sign of cushings even if other more traditional signs aren't there. I feel a cushings test should almost be standard if more than one bout of laminitis as until that is sorted you have little hope of stabilising the situation?

Would also like to say that very few vets seem to be that good at feeding laminitis. Straw (high in starch) and alfalfa are both potential triggers but exactly what the vet advised to feed!

soloequestrian

Visit site
I started it but many of the questions didn't fit because my horse got laminitis after a general anaesthetic - happy to tell you about it if you want, but not through the survey!

PoniesRock

Visit site
Totally agree Canteron - its very interesting seeing different vets opinions on how to treat lami and what they do as standard.