Expert helpies please with foal due date !!!?

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
My mare was covered in hand on 8/8, 10/8, 12/8 and 13/8 - the last date she was just coming out of season and was done for good measure!
Scanned today and single foal easily seen with a good heartbeat. Vet didnt give a due date as rushed off for an emergency so could you fab breeding folk tell me when she should be due (fingers and toes crossed she stays in foal of course !) ??
wink.gif

Amelia

Visit site
I would say your mare would foal around the 16th July 08. going from the last covering date.
smile.gif

However, do you have any foalinghistory with her?

I have mares that always foal a couple of weeks early and some that go the year!
wink.gif

reynold

Visit site
came out with 4th april for mine but she always runs on to about 355 days so that would make it about mid-april which is nicely in the middle of lambing

so I get up and check both species at the same time ;-)

AndyPandy

Visit site
Mares don't have due dates, as such. It will probably be any time in July 2008.

If you go for a due date, like so many people seem to, you will be on here saying "oh my god she's so early/late". Just be ready for a foal anywhere from 320 to 370 days after covering.

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
Noted. Thanks for all the replies.
No worries I would never expect her foal on an exact day, I've had two human 'rug rats' myself - one very early and the other very late. I'm sure it's no different with horses
grin.gif