Export rates post Brexit?

Kareen

www.germanhorseconnection.com
Is anybody aware of export rates of from UK to EU pre and post Brexit? I've been following the WPCS official sales for many years and there used to be a line in the reports from back in the old days. Now I don't find anything, does that mean export has come to a total stand still or are horses still being sold to abroad from the UK? With all the bruhaha about paperwork, transport licenses here and there and quarantine transporting horses from UK to EU has become a true pain in the backside. I wonder if it has an effect on sales and numbers bred. Having brought over roughly 150 ponies over the years I do miss it a lot but under the current circumstances it's impossible to even break even, let alone come out at a profit after raising and training. Any opinions and numbers will be much appreciated.

Reactions: JBM

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The best place for that information might be one of the major horse transporters as my understanding is that they deal with all the paperwork. Do import duties vary from country to country in the EU, depending on VAT rates, etc? You'll obviously need the German rules. I can find the UK import duties on a government website, is there a German equivalent?