exporting horses from UK

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
It's going to be more of a faff for those of us either side of the Irish border if we crash out or the border isn't in the Irish Sea. We will effectively have to decide we are going to compete/hunt/race/hack one side or the other, and permanently stick to it.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I think racing are going to try to make their own rules in this section to be fair.

Ah, so can I make my own rules on nipping across the border for a hack on the beach or a show at Cavan EC, or the RDS, or any of the hunter trials in the south that are such good craic in the spring and autumn?

Last edited:

sywell

Visit site
All seems a bit of a faff for hopping over the pond for competitions etc. :oops:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-...0zyr2e0xAbaBHDwfjv4pvzrYUzmq0ADWM_Dl6w5A8L-c0
When you import a horse into the EU for the first 30days it becomes a temporary import and where it is stabled will put it n its records if it is there for more than 90 days it becomes a permanent import and they will enter it on their national database. Make sure your passport has no written additions and all the dates are quite clear and your jabs are up to date. I assume that it is a registered horse not ID only.
The process is you have to book your port of Entry into the EU and you have a Vet Health Check 24 hours before travel leave it late as if there are hold up you do not want a customs Officer saying its 25 hours and is out of date.
The EU gave an advice not that breeding associations in the UK will no longer be recognised so if you are taking a horse to the EU for breeding purposes you should get the horse registered with an EU studbook and make sure it has had any blood tests done.(EVA for stallions ect)

rara007

Visit site
Looks like a right faff :( I assume the tripartite agreement will fold too. I’m going to wait and watch before I make too many plans!

sywell

Visit site
It is not up to the UK what happens when horses are moved from it, into EU countries.

And until we know what sort of Brexit we have, at the end of the year, nobody can say what the "rules" will be.
The rules will be the same as any other third country which we will become and will not change from the current rules for a third country.

sywell

Visit site
Looks like a right faff :( I assume the tripartite agreement will fold too. I’m going to wait and watch before I make too many plans!
DEFRA has accepted that the Tri Paartite agreement will no longer exist.
The rules will be the same as any other third country which we will become and will not change from the current rules for a third country.
Ah, so can I make my own rules on nipping across the border for a hack on the beach or a show at Cavan EC, or the RDS, or any of the hunter trials in the south that are such good craic in the spring and autumn?
The EU will not make exceptions for racing ask Gallop.

DreamTime22

Visit site
Am I reading that correctly as in they have to have the horse in a 'holding' so I presume a quite isolated place for 40 days - so you couldn't compete internationally as part of your season?