Express Eventing

H-J

www.piczo.com
Who's going?

Im thinking of going with a friend, taking the mamouth 3-4hr trip up to wales!
crazy.gif

When do we think tickets will all be sold out?
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
I may well go with a few of my Hong Kong friends who are involved with a couple of the competitors- I think it looks and sounds fun!!

ajf

Visit site
Oh can someone please do a link to the tickets website please.
Quite like the idea of going and need to do it before I forget!!!

_Acolyte_

Visit site
I'm going with my sister - we even forked out for £45 tickets
shocked.gif
blush.gif

I'm looking forward to it, think it will be good fun - might be taking a packed lunch though
tongue.gif

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
£35 for the cheapest tickets. Hmphhh!

Add into that train fare, hotel, food etc and thats a blooming expensive day out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting a cheaper hotel room will be interesting - Wales play Australia at the MS the afternoon before. Cardiff will be full of rugby fans.

Best mate and I are still thinking of going.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Accommodation in Cardiff will be limited (but not impossible) I fear due to the Rugby.... there is plenty of places to stay in Newport which is not that far away. For those of you in the SW there will be an additional train service running from Bristol - and also Bristol Parkway so you could drive and park there?

sunflower

Visit site
Well I hope it's better than the additional train service that left us stranded on a platform at Swindon station for 4 hours last time there was a big rugby match on in Cardiff
smirk.gif

sunflower

Visit site
This shouldn't be anywhere near as bad though to be fair. We made the mistake of trying to get to Wales on the same day as the rugby and saw the train we had seats booked on and 3 more go past - full to bursting with drunk rugby fans. It means I don't entirely trust the guarantee of additional trains though as last time, even with the additional service, they vastly oversold tickets so anyone hoping to get on after London didn't stand a chance.

icestationzebra

Visit site
That's awful! In fairness that won't happen in this circumstance as the extra train is starting in Bristol. Any 'residual' rugby fans will still be in Cardiff - hopefully travelling in the opposite direction.

I would have been very fed up in your situation though where you had booked seats!!

sunflower

Visit site
The extra trains then were officially from Bristol but in reality they just extended the London-Bristol service to Cardiff. Shouldn't be a problem though without the rugby fans.

lucretia

Visit site
dont worry about it selling out, i shouldnt think that is likely witht the tickets that price in adition to the other costs. i think its a really good ide but personally now i am a poor student i just cant afford it. not of i want to go to olympia especially.

lucretia

Visit site
and in these days of no money and sponsors being hard to come by (ask thirlestane) i am dying to know who is paying for this. someone on here must know!

jxd

Visit site
I got sent a voucher for a free ticket yesterday, and would really quite like to go - sounds like great fun to watch. Its a bit of a trek though so travel etc would still make it an expensive say out...undecided at the moment!

lucretia

Visit site
i am sure they are but how many does the stadium hold even if they dont use the bottom layer cos of the view? even half full must be 20,000 mustnt it? i suppose there is the novelty value of it being a one off so may be they will but i was just saying its a lot on money and i cant afford it. there are still plenty of tickets available on line if anyone is finding hard to get on by the way.

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i am sure they are but how many does the stadium hold even if they dont use the bottom layer cos of the view? even half full must be 20,000 mustnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

MS stadium holds 74,500 people at it's fullest, with the upper two tiers holding 51 000 between them. I cannot see them selling 51 000 tickets for EE. Saying that, if they did that would fund the first prize by miles so perhaps that is where some of the money to back it is coming from? I know the stadium itself will take a massive cut etc but someone's got to be providing the prize fund.