'Extra marks' on dressage sheets

Rosiefan

Visit site
Another thread on here has got me thinking. It was mentioned that a judge had said she was giving a name an extra mark 'because he's such a cheeky boy' and I immediately thought how handy that would be for Baydale's boys.

It would be a great help if there were extra marks given for tail swishing - Frodo would zoom up the leader board. What 'extra marks' section would you like to see added to dressage score sheets?

MardyMare

Visit site
Outstanding gingerness (horse and rider) :D

I like this one as I too am ginger and ride a ginger :)

I think also a special mark for smiling throughout even though everyone can clearly see the test is going pear shaped and said ginger pony doesnt want to play today ! :)

georgiegirl

Visit site
i think flying changes in counter canter should get more marks - autumn seems to think she is very clever doing them!

Lolo

Visit site
I think extra marks for the horse who can totally forget who to do a canter transition and end up falling over in order to move up a gear... Or for the horse who is so ADHD that indoors tests leave him jibbering with excitement and having to look out of every window just to check that outside still exists.

Actually, just marks for tolerance on the rider's behalf!

NR99

Visit site
Extra marks for non-gay male riders who do a nice test :D
Love this :)

special marks for spooking at car/whiteboards/pot plant - especially if horse is a veteran - ie marks for retaining youthfullness :rolleyes:
Yes my 18yo would score well on retaining youthfullness!

Piggy on the other hand, would like extra marks for passing the E-B line which has been a massive achievement since Alpacagate at Goring. Oh and extra marks for toe waving and showing off her big fat belly to the judge (have to make sure the belly is extra clean nowadays :D:rolleyes:)

Entertaining post RFan It tis true I promise and I wouldn't dare repeat some of the things said during that session which was very much an eye opener :eek:

Rosiefan

Visit site
I don't doubt it's true for a moment NR99 - Rosie followed Sharon Hunt once who'd done a pretty indifferent test judging by what she was saying to her grooms but she ended up with a score of 17 and everyone else had 30+ :D.

Oh yes monkeybum - fastest test gets extra points. You'd think the judge would bung on a few extra points out of gratitude that the hooligan has gone.

Lolo

Visit site
I'm also up for "retaining youthfulness" marks. I got the comment more than once that "you're young horse just isn't ready for dressage". He was 22 when I got him, and 27 when he was PTS. This comment often lead to mutterings of "when WILL he be ready!?" :D

Thistle

Visit site
Well we have PC areas this weekend, checked the other riders. One has just been announced as reserve for British Pony team on the BD site. She is riding her other pony at PC but it's just as experienced. PC rules allow horses to do opens as long as they haven't competed above Ad Med. No rules for FEI equiv tests though. Will be interesting to see if judges are consistent.

have a feeling only the first indiv qualifies for the champs. Is there any point spending £70 of diesel?

Perhaps we should have 2 comps running at the same time, one for people with the union jack and one for those without.

Lolo

Visit site
Well we have PC areas this weekend, checked the other riders. One has just been announced as reserve for British Pony team on the BD site. She is riding her other pony at PC but it's just as experienced. PC rules allow horses to do opens as long as they haven't competed above Ad Med. No rules for FEI equiv tests though. Will be interesting to see if judges are consistent.

have a feeling only the first indiv qualifies for the champs. Is there any point spending £70 of diesel?

Perhaps we should have 2 comps running at the same time, one for people with the union jack and one for those without.

Wave at us- Al is doing the Novice, on her PC's B team so is about the opposite end of where your daughter is right now! What's annoyed us is the fact that a lot of people haven't done 3 rallies and have been actively boasting about this on fb...

little_critter

Visit site
Extra points for the effort expended by the rider please (the redder and sweatier the rider the more ponts gained) - got the comment "horse needs to do more work than rider" again at the weekend. Also got the comment "barely trot"- mind you it was approx 30 degrees C!

Solo1

Visit site
Corner of mouth talking to horse, having the 'whooaaaa!' factor, having made it through the warm-up still intact... must I go on? :p

Thistle

Visit site
Will wave! Must remember at PC all the bling rules must be reversed. Extra marks for the plainest tack and cutest cobbiest pony! Also for the smallest child and the longest pigtails!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I definitely agree with the retaining youthfulness one!

Mum's mare (the poncy palo one) would like extra marks for looking pretty cos she needs all the help she can get for dressage :D.

I always think when jumping there should be handicap system based on length of ponies legs! ;)