eyes on stalks

hunteress

Visit site
Think its time of year my boy usualy go's passed anything but has started looking at silly things jumped off 4 feet dead pidgeon !! anyone else having this problem getting older not as agile with the jumping to one side !! especially in full flow WHAT DO I DO !!!!!!!!!!!!! he is well schooled and is an excellent hunter, thanks.

beaconhorse

Visit site
very common this time of year. The cooler weather seems to wake them up. Just try and not anticipate him doing it and relax as much as possible as you are more likely to 'stay with him' if you are relaxed. A firm NO when he does it may help

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oh yes - I was nearly flung off at the walk the other day when we walked past a pile of bloomin horse poo on the mountain!!!!! Silly mare.

Loan horse is most definately full of the joys of Autumn!!

miamibear

Visit site
My anyones ride plod has turned in to a shying monster out hacking too, sometimes in the school too.

I put it down to a combination of cold and not being ridden because he is poorly!

Hopefully the more he gets ridden the better he will get.

I think mine gets worse if he is hungry too!! See if you can make sense of that!!
cool.gif

Alibear

Visit site
yep time of year for it I'm afraid, I do find wrapping them up in an exercise blanket helps; actually it helps once they've got over the terror of the blanket
smirk.gif